freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Easy Homemade Valentine’s Day Desserts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

With Valentine’s Day on Friday it is time to start scrambling for last minute gift ideas. It can be difficult to find the perfect gift and store bought gifts can be expensive. Homemade Valentine’s Day desserts are the perfect solution!

Not only are homemade gifts normally cheaper than the store bought equivalent, but the time and effort you put into them makes them all the more special! If you pair this thoughtfulness with the gift of a delicious dessert your Valentine will definitely take notice.

Here are 5 easy homemade Valentine’s Day Desserts:

Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes

These super adorable desserts surprisingly take only 5 minutes to make and are healthier than traditional cheesecakes. They also give you the opportunity to let your creativity flow by creating different designs on your mini cheesecakes. All you need is a package of Keebler Grahm mini Crusts, and Jello Strawberry Cheesecake Temptations. Click here for the full step-by-step recipe with pictures.

Red Velvet Candy Cane Heart Cupcakes

If you have a few candy canes left over from the holidays, here is a perfect way to repurpose them for Valentine’s Day! Bake some red velvet (or your Valentine’s favorite type of) cupcakes and stick your candy canes in to make a heart on top of your cupcake.

Hidden Heart Bread

If you are have some baking experience (and are feeling sassy), you can attempt to make this adorable hidden heart bread, that slices open to reveal a perfect pink heart inside. This recipe requires 2 cinnamon swirl bread mixes, pink food dye, and a heart outline. Click here for the full recipe.

Pink Chocolate Chip Cookies

By adding a little pink or red food dye, you can turn a batch of regular chocolate chip cookies into some that are Valentine’s Day ready. You can even throw in some white chocolate chips to really make them pop!

Heart Bacon

Ok. So this one may not really be a traditional dessert, but it will definitely earn you some major points. If you are planning to cook breakfast for your Valentine this is a must and it doesn’t take much more time than cooking regular bacon. Click here to see the how-to video. 

Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day, and if you don’t have a Valentine this year take this opportunity to treat yourself to your favorite dessert!

Kristen Wiley is an Advertising/Public Relations student at the University of Central Florida. She is the founder of “We’re Calling Shenanigans,” a blog that tests out popular Pinterest posts to see if they really work. When she isn’t writing content for her blog she enjoys playing volleyball and catching up on the latest social media trends.
Nicholas Osler graduated from the University of Central Florida in 2014 with a degree in Interpersonal/Organizational Communication. Connect with him on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/nicholasosler