element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Christmas Movies to Get You in the Holiday Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Now that Halloween has come and gone, we all get to binge Christmas movies until we unironically use quotes from them in conversation. The end of “spooky season” also means the end of the semester is near and we all need some time to unwind and drink hot chocolate. Luckily, there are tons of Christmas movies out there to get you into the overwhelmingly, wonderful holiday spirit and destress a little. With that being said, here are my top five Christmas movies that are essential to ring in the holiday season.

The Santa Clause

This movie is basically Christmas itself; you’re lying to yourself if you think otherwise. I mean, Tim Allen as Santa is the content all of us needed as children. Not to mention, this is before they did that weird CGI thing with Comet in the later movies.

Christmas with the Kranks

Okay so Tim Allen may or may not be in most of the movies on this list, but he’s an essential part of ringing in the season. This movie, in particular, is one of those “laugh til you cry” type of Christmas movie and I’m here for it honestly. #FreeFrosty

The Polar Express

This movie, for some reason, punches everyone in the gut with a fistful of nostalgia. It might be the art style, or it could be Tom Hanks. Either way, this movie contains a hint of magic and innocence to truly make it feel like Christmas time. Also, the hot chocolate scene is a cinematic masterpiece.

Love the Coopers

Now I’ll warn you, this is a newer Christmas movie, so there isn’t too much magic or razzle-dazzle, but it is a cute story. The feeling of this movie just screams Christmas to me and the fact that it isn’t all sunshine and rainbows gives you a break from all that perfect storybook plot from usual Christmas movies.

Home Alone

Do I even really need to explain why this made the list?

Let’s get real, the holiday season really is the most wonderful time of the year. The season has always made me feel at ease after what seemed like some really tough times. I know it’s a stressful time for a lot of people, but hopefully, these films can make you feel like a kid again — when everything was so simple. So, grab a cozy blanket and take a second to breathe and look forward to the holidays.

Media: 1, 2, 3, 4

Veronica is a Disney loving vegetarian who loves doing yoga, cooking, and going to any one of the big four Disney World parks. She also collects and trades Disney pins! So, if you're looking for Disney related content or info, she's your girl!
UCF Contributor