4 Unique Halloween Parties to Host This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner, so it’s time to start finalizing your plans. It can be stressful trying to come up with fun party ideas for your friends that haven’t been done already. Don’t settle for a basic costume party this year, here are four creative Halloween get-together ideas that are sure to be a hit.

Bring Your Bridgerton Fantasy to life

Channel your inner Duke and Duchess with a regency-themed picnic based on the popular book series and Netflix original show Bridgerton. A recent trend has surfaced where people create extravagant picnics with cakes and Charcuterie boards — very extra if you ask me — but it’s perfect for an elegant evening of regency. In order to stay within the theme, your picnic should also include sparkling cider, finger sandwiches, pastries and an assortment of teas. As far as costumes go, you will need any long puff sleeve dress with a square neckline, white gloves, tiaras and a really fancy updo. For the boys, a tailcoat, gloves and a tall pair of boots should do. Afterward, you can have a viewing party of the first season or even teach yourselves how to do a ball dance.

host your very own met gala

The Met Gala is one of the biggest fashion events of the year, each one with a very specific theme and a number of iconic celebrity looks. A really fun way to spend this Halloween would be to host a Met Gala with your own unique theme. Be sure to bring your cameras for this get-together, because you can’t have a Met Gala-themed party without a full-on photoshoot — disposables and polaroids included. Make sure everyone has their very own grand entrance to show off their looks. This event is known for showcasing art and fashion, but it also inspired some really great memes; something fun to do with your friends after the red carpet would be a PowerPoint night of either the best looks in Met Gala history, the best theme or one about the funniest looks to ever walk up those stairs. With keeping in the Met Gala theme, a fondue night might be fun, or if you’re feeling really bougie, you could all pitch in and hire a chef for the night.

Spend the night in stars hallow
Gilmore Girls Fall Festival Screenshot
Warner Bros. Television

For a more laid-back fall get-together, host a movie night. The TV series Gilmore Girls is a fall staple and must be rewatched during the months of September and October. Become Lorelai and Rory for the night with movies and junk food. Order some pizzas and gather your friends for an old-fashioned movie night in Stars Hallow and encourage everyone to come dressed as one of the town’s many quirky characters. Make it an outdoor movie night by setting up bean bag chairs and blankets in your backyard and project the movies onto a screen or sheet for a cozy night under the stars. Any fan of this show would know that the Gilmore Girls can’t live without coffee, so be sure to set up a custom coffee bar with various fall flavors and toppings.

don’t break character…

There’s an episode from the Nickelodeon series Victorious where the group spends the night at their acting teacher’s house as characters they chose for each other. The goal of the evening was to see who could stay in character the longest. What better way to spend your night than dressed as your favorite icon, celebrity or historical figure and taking on their whole persona. This would be the perfect game night, you could play really cheesy games like charades, Pictionary or even have a lip-sync challenge, but you must remain in character. Make this night a potluck where everyone brings a dish or their favorite snacks. Create a little Halloween-themed gift basket and at the end of the night, whoever has remained in character the longest or played their character the best wins.

Now that you have some new ideas of how to spend Halloween weekend with your friends this year, it’s time to start planning — and don’t forget to invite me!

Brianna is a student at the University of Central Florida, majoring in Event Management. When she's not at Disney, Bri is most likely creating a new Pinterest board or re-watching Friends. Her talents consist of taking INCREDIBLE candid photos and finishing an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's in one sitting.