4 Downsides to Being a Grown-up at Easter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

With Easter comes excitement! It’s like another version of Halloween, but instead of candy you get decorated eggs. Well, now it’s actually not as exciting, minus the excuse to get off campus to visit your family for a weekend. When it comes to growing up, there’s always downsides.

1. “No sweetie, let the younger kids go look for the eggs.” Says your mom. Yep, you’ve just been rejected the right to Easter egg hunt anymore. No more running around trying to be the first one to find every egg. You even miss out on the fake eggs that contain money! Pretty sure those eggs should be specifically intended for college students with the amount of tuition we have to pay. I’m sure your five year old cousins can do without the cash.

2. Remember that time you’d get together with the family to decorate Easter eggs with your handy-dandy decorating kit with the different color dyes and clear crayon? We’ll, now by the time you get home for Easter weekend those eggs have already been decorated! There goes another thing you miss out on.

3. So you’ve finally earned your way to the grown up table for Easter dinner. It may sound like an honor, but think again. Be ready for questions like, “Are you dating anyone at school?” “How are your grades?” And the personal favorite, “Are you taking care of yourself? What have you been eating?”

4. Oh Easter baskets… One of the best things about Easter is the baskets full of goodies you get! Chocolate bunnies and just random gifts you use to love. Not anymore. Now you are stuck taking a trip to the clearance section at Walmart the day after Easter buying yourself your own chocolate bunny you were cheated out of.

From Tampa, Florida
UCF Contributor