The 4 Best Coffee Shops In Orlando

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Everybody should have something small in their daily life that consistently makes them feel good. Mine happens to be coffee…good coffee. I’ve studied about the beans and roasting process, the various machines and carafes, the resulting product of different coffee grinds…I could go on, but I’ll save my “ode to coffee” for another time. 

It’s the details and technique that transform and elevate the quality of the brew, but for most of us collegiettes, it’s not the most attainable art. Most of the time, the coffee I’m drinking is in a to-go cup, balanced in my hand as I try not to spill the burning hot contents within, but whenever I get the chance, I love to go to a coffee shop and enjoy a well-made quality cup of joe. Luckily, I have found a few places that never disappoint, and I’m here to share them with you.

Drunken Monkey Coffee Bar

444 N. Bumby Ave, Orlando, FL 32803

http://www.drunkenmonkeycoffee.com

Every palate can be pleased in this quirky little cafe. Offering a variety of milks and a few dozen flavors of syrup, you can customize your drink to your liking. Beans are bought through fair trade and are organic or are approved rain forest alliance, and are roasted in-house to ensure the freshest brew possible. I’m a big fan of their lattés if I’m in the mood to lounge on one of their plush couches to read or chat with friends, but if I’m studying at one of their little tables, I stick to black coffee, which is bold and tasty just the way it is. If you’re hungry, you can order between a variety of freshly made soups, baked goods, sandwiches and more that cater to everyone, whether gluten-free, vegan, or no restrictions at all. With free wi-fi and a friendly cozy atmosphere, you’ll always have a good time.

Austin’s Coffee

929 W Fairbanks Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789

http://www.austinscoffee.com

Perfect for the night owls or early risers, Austin’s coffee is open 24 hours every day of the week! Their coffee is organic and fair trade and roasted in-house, as well (you can even buy beans). Their deliciously deep brew has always served me well, whether enjoying it black or with a flavored syrup and milk (cow and soy available). The vibe is definitely eccentric and unique. From the bright purple couch to the old theater seats bolted into the floor, Austin’s is an interesting mix of college kids and business types alike who need a reliable caffeine boost no matter what time of day or night. It’s a great place to study or socialize with friends, especially in the evenings with their live entertainment. If all that studying leaves your stomach grumbling, check out their menu for a tasty variety of items ranging from baked goods to paninis, to hummus and pita. Pop in whenever you can and feel instantly at home in this laid-back local joint.

Downtown Credo

706 W Smith St. Orlando, FL 32804

http://www.downtowncredo.com

There is no other place that does what Credo does. Their coffee is grown in the remote hills of Guatemala, where each coffee plant is hand-cultivated and every bean is hand-processed (more detail on their website), producing a very high quality brew that tastes like it should cost a pretty penny. Wrong. The shop is run on donations only, in an effort to make a positive impact instead of being lured into the corporate madness. It has a beautiful atmosphere and feels like you’re in someone’s personal home. Their espresso makes my heart sing, and the best part is that it’s served with a side of kindness, charity, and all around good-hearted ideals. What can be better than helping the world one coffee cup at a time?

Vespr Craft Coffee & Allures

626 N Alafaya Trail, Suit 105, Orlando FL 32828

http://thevespr.com

One of the newer coffee shops on the scene, Vespr may just be my favorite. Their coffee is fair trade and organic and always of the highest quality. The atmosphere is soothing and calm, and perfect for a study session or first date. The coolest part about their coffee is the variety of ways you can have it. Ranging from various beans (they let you smell them too!) to multiple brewing methods, as a customer, you get to be part of the creative process. Ask the staff any question and they’ll be happy to answer, from explaining the step-by-step brewing to how to care for coffee in your home. Their top notch brewing methods are what elevate the coffee to new heights, and I promise you have never had a cup of coffee this good. I ordered a soy cappuccino and had to close my eyes after the first sip…amazing, just amazing. Stop in for a whole new experience and I promise, you will not be disappointed.

UCF Contributor