3 Life-Savers You Need When Traveling on an Airplane

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Something not everyone knows about me is that I love going to the airport. Like, literally love going there — even if it’s just to take my friend. Because more times than not, it means that I will get to go to someplace new, explore a different city, see new people, try new foods. It’s the most amazing feeling. The only bad side is being on the actual airplane for who knows how many hours. Since I am unfortunately not the type of person that flies in first-class seats, here are three life-savers that you need while traveling on an airplane. 

A good pair of comfy pants

There is nothing worse than being on an airplane, even if just for a few hours, and feeling like you can’t move because you’re wearing jeans. I am a big believer that airplanes are just not the place to be wearing jeans. I always travel with a comfortable pair of leggings or a cute pair of sweatpants (always an excuse to go shopping). 

A mini travel kit

Besides the fact that anything made in miniature size is simply adorable, mini travel kits are a necessity for any flight. Usually, I take mini lotions, hand cream, and even mini makeup remover towels. They are cute, practical and a life-saver for anyone. Plus, you can find some really cheap kits on Target and Amazon — or even make your own kit with your favorite mini products.

Socks

There is no denying that airplanes are cold. It doesn’t matter where you’re going or how long the flight is, you just know once you’re up in the air they’re going to turn on the air conditioner as cold as possible — which is why wearing some cozy socks is a must for any flight. They don’t have to be cute or fun, they just have to be as warm as possible.

Traveling is always fun — especially after a much-needed break from school — whether it’s visiting a new city with your friends, going across the world with your parents or even visiting your boyfriend in his hometown. 

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4

Larissa is an international student from Brazil at the University of Central Florida. With a major in Forensic Science and a minor in Chemistry, she hopes to one day work for the FBI. Writing has always being one of her favorite things to do and being able to write for Her Campus has been an absolute dream for her.
UCF Contributor