This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

First comes the sweet sixteen, the age you receive your driver’s license and can legally work.  Next comes eighteen, your rightful passage into adulthood- the age where most move out of the house and can vote.  After experiencing college for a bit, all you long for is the day you turn twenty-one. Twenty-one is rightfully the last birthday associated with new privileges, unless we decide to count twenty-five when you can rent a car or sixty-two when you can collect social security. So what is there to look forward to?

Well it happened, I have reached my third year milestone.  And to my relatives reading this, my very first alcoholic beverage was quite unusual.  Although, there really isn’t an age I can think of that will be just as exciting as your sixteenth, your eighteenth, or your twenty-first.  There are quite a few perks of the big TWO-ONE:

1. Not having anxiety of using a god-awful fake ID

You know, the one who is 5 inches shorter than you and has been graduated for four years already.

2.  The Infamous “Sign”

Maybe it’s just a Florida tradition, but every collegiette can’t wait for the day where she receives the obnoxious sign that will lie rightfully around her neck.

3. 21 and Up Concerts

AT LAST! We can finally attend those cool hipster 21+ venues that host the finest bands.

4. EPCOT: Food and Wine Festival

Something that I’ve been looking forward to, it’s a fun way to try all those fancy alcoholic beverages from different countries without actually having to leave Orlando!

5. Purchasing Your Own Drink

No more having to waste your time playing nice with the boys at the bar, you can be your own independent woman.

6. Cinco de Mayo

Enough said.  Enjoy yourself a margarita.

7. Have your Wine & Cheese and drink it too

Let’s be sophisticated.  Now not only do you get to have a piled high plate full of cheese, enjoy a glass of Pinot Noir.

8. You Can Still Use a Student ID to Get a Discount on Movie Tickets

You’re old enough to order a dink, yet still young enough to get the privileges of being a student.  Appreciate that discount.

9. Relish in the Super Exclusive 21+ bars

Nothing is more of a buzz kill than being at bar invaded by sloppy 18 year olds, try out a more sophisticated atmosphere.

10. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas

Take a trip to the infamous city and enjoy all the fun it has to offer.

11.  Sail Away

For some cruise lines, you must be at least 21 to book a trip.  Lucky for you, you’re just of age.

12. Casino Royale

Lets get ready to gamble! Get all dressed up as if you’re out of a 1967 James Bond movie and make an experience out of a night at the casino.

13. Crazy Holiday Parties

When the holidays roll around, you can finally treat yourself to spiked Eggnog.

14. HAPPY NEW YEAR

Another holiday privilege: You can now have yourself a glass of the traditional champagne once midnight rolls around.

15. Mommy & Me

One of my most looked forward to benefits was finally being able to go on a date with my best friend, my mom and order us a cocktail.

16. Something Borrowed…

In some states, but not all, you must have guardian’s consent to apply for a marriage license.  Congrats, you can now legally apply for a marriage license in ALL fifty states.

17. New License, New Photo

I know I’m not the only one who has an awful license photo, for some reason I thought bangs were banging at sixteen.  Well, ninety days after you’re twenty-one, you can finally have a decent license photo… fingers crossed.

18.  Wine Tastings

What an entertaining activity you can now participate in! Not only are wine tastings classy and fun, it’s a great way to sharpen up on your wine knowledge.

19.  Welcome your friends into their 21st privileges

Although the benefits of being twenty-one are fun, they’re even more fun when your friends can join in with you.

20. Hotel Mini-Bars

No they’re not just for show.  Welcome to the 21+ club, the mini-bars in your hotel are now open for business.

21. Another Year Older, Another Year Wiser

“Do not regret growing older.  It is a privilege denied by many.”  We often forget how lucky we are to live another day.  Being able to grow and experience life is one of the biggest privileges we can have.