This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Now that Thanksgiving is over and we’ve officially entered December, it’s time to get in the Christmas spirit. If you’re into the Real Christmas Classics™, then this is the playlist for you. Get ready for some bops by Christmas legends like Bing Crosby, Mariah Carey and Michael Bublé. These songs will not disappoint, kids. 

“All I Want For Christmas Is You” – Mariah Carey

This is THE Christmas song of our generation. Not only is it a bop but you can make the song about anyone. Unlike the creepy romance of “Baby It’s Cold Outside,” “All I Want For Christmas Is You” can be used in any sort of context you please. Also, it’s just a musical masterpiece. 

“Last Christmas” – Wham!

This catchy jam is everything. So what if we don’t all relate to the song’s meaning? That doesn’t mean we can’t do the awkward Tik Tok dance to it. (If you don’t do the dance during the bridge, you may as well skip the song.)

“Jingle Bell Rock” – Bobby Helms

What a timeless classic. Gather up your (preferably coordinated) friends and nail the dance from Mean Girls. Bonus points if you kick a radio into someone’s face.

“It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” – Andy Williams

If there was a song that played every time winter came around, it would 100% be “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.” This is not up for debate. This is THE hype song for winter. It lists all the amazing things winter has to offer and it gets me super pumped. 

“Jingle Bells” – Michael Bublé (feat. The Puppini Sisters)

If there’s any song that makes me jump up and dance, it’s this one. This take on “Jingle Bells” is so cute and fun. Just when you thought Michael Bublé’s voice couldn’t be more handsome, the Puppini Sisters join in. I love the way their voices complement each other. 

“Hot Chocolate” – Tom Hanks

Alright, I’m well aware this one is rather controversial, but hear me out. What’s the best thing to drink when it’s cold out? Survey says hot chocolate. Not only was the scene in The Polar Express cool, but hot chocolate is tasty. It deserves this ode through song. 

“Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” – Brenda Lee

This is one heck of a bop; a classic that everyone knows. “You will get a sentimental feeling” when you hear this song. Naturally, it earned a spot on this playlist.

“Sleigh Ride” – The Ronettes

As soon as you hear those horses in the intro, you know it’s time for a “Sleigh Ride.” If crisp, winter air had an anthem, it’d certainly be this song. Another timeless bop, “Sleigh Ride” is a perfect way to spread some Christmas cheer. 

“White Christmas” – Bing Crosby

This is Christmas in song form. Whenever I imagine my family opening presents on Christmas morning, this song is playing in the background. That could just be because my family is obsessed with Bing Crosby’s Christmas music, but I highly recommend listening to this legend. He’s up there with Santa as a Christmas icon. He won’t disappoint. 

“Mele Kalikimaka” – Bing Crosby

Back at it again with some more Bing. Even though it’s a song about a Hawaiian greeting, this is also a very Floridian bop. “Mele Kalikimaka” has tropical vibes that make for a Christmas song that reminds me of home. Not to mention, “mele kalikimaka” is just super fun to say.

I hope you enjoyed my Christmas picks for this holiday season. If any of these names sounded new to you, I highly recommend you give these bops a listen. If you’d like to hear more of these Christmas icons, head over to our official playlist on Spotify

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 1011

Courtney Malalel is a smoothie enthusiast and sophomore at the University of Central Florida, studying to become a pediatric oncologist. When she isn't writing for HerCampus, she is painting, dancing or making runs to Universal to hop on Jurassic Park. You can also find her petting any cat in her general vicinity.
UCF Contributor