Your HCUCD-Approved Spring Break To Do List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Collegiettes, we made it! There’s one full week of complete freedom before the beginning of Spring Quarter. Here’s a list of things you should be sure to do over the course of the week.

1. Sleep… for hours… and hours. After a stressful week of studying, resting is imperative. Try and settle into a regular sleep cycle after multiple late nights in the Shields 24 hour room.

2. Begin a caffeine cleanse following the endless cups of coffee drunk during finals week. Drink lots of water and switch to decaf to give your body a break.

3. Catch up on all of the TV shows and movies that you saved to watch after finals. Binge watch to your heart’s content.

4. Embrace the outside world. You are no longer confined to the walls of the library and of study lounges. Go outside to explore and enjoy nature.

5. Do some exercise. A brisk walk or a yoga class after a week confined to a desk will feel wonderful.

6. Read for pleasure! You are not required to read critical articles or academic writing during this week of freedom. Read the mystery novel or best-selling romance that you have been longing to read.

7. Treat yourself to a home-cooked meal, and enjoy the cooking process. After a finals week full of easy-mac and cereal, take the time to prepare ingredients and get creative with some new recipes.

8. Treat yourself to an evening of pampering and indulge in a girls night in. Embrace the movie cliché of face masks and watching rom-coms.

9. Spend time with your friends and family. It’s finally time to put the studying aside and spend time with people you love rather than textbooks and your laptop.

10. BREATHE. Exams are over. Relax. You’ve earned it, Aggies!

*GIFs used in this article are not the property of Her Campus UC Davis

Kirsten is an English and Communications double major and Professional Writing minor at UC Davis. She enjoys drinking tea, rereading Bridget Jones's Diary, and making Harry Potter references in casual conversation. She loves untranslatable words, Shakespearean insults, and Helen Mirren. After graduation, she hopes to find a job that makes her happy and own an extensive mug collection.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!