Upcoming Concerts in Northern California

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

With the weather freezing pretty much all the time, what’s a more perfect way to treat yourself than to head to a concert by one of your favorite artists? Some of the best singers in the business are heading up to Northern California in the next few months, so grab your friends and enjoy a night out.

Troye Sivan: 2/8 at Fox Theatre in Oakland

Troye is relatively new to the music industry, but his EP released at the end of the summer made a big splash. The popular Australian Youtuber has even received attention from both Taylor Swift and Sam Smith.

Rihanna: 2/28 at SAP Center in San Jose

It has been 3 years since Rihanna has released a new album, so fans are itching for her to make her way back to the spotlight. Her “Anti World Tour” will be kicking off in February, with the talented Travis Scott as the opening act. RiRi is famous for unapologetically staying true to herself, so you are guaranteed a great show!

Animal Collective: 3/7 at Fox Theatre in Oakland

Animal Collective has a very unique sound that is not going to appeal to everyone. However, the experimental pop group has had a steady presence in the industry since their first album came out in 2000. Their concert is perfect for those looking to expand their musical horizons and meet some interesting people.

Justin Bieber: 3/15 at Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento

Justin has spent the last year both reinventing his image and gearing up for the release of his best album yet, Purpose. The songs from his album have sat at the top of the charts for weeks and his renewed dedication to his fans ensures his concert will be full of dancing and amazing music.

Carrie Underwood: 4/10 at Oracle Arena in Oakland

For those who love country, Carrie Underwood is one of the most popular female singers in the genre. Carrie’s unique and powerful voice is unparalleled, and her girl-next-door personality will make her concert feel more like an intimate hang out session with your girls than a huge arena tour.

Tickets for all shows can be purchased through Ticketmaster, but for the best deals we recommend you look on Craigslist or the UCD Buy and For Sale page on Facebook a week or two before the show. Often times people will be selling tickets for a fraction of the price and are willing to negotiate it even more. We hope you take the time to enjoy your favorite music live this quarter! 

This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!