This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Everybody at Davis talks about how spring quarter is so fun that it’s almost magical. Even in the first week, I’ve begun to experience that. All of my stress and anxiety from fall and winter, stuff that I didn’t even know I was carrying around, has begun to shed. This quarter is going to be amazing because I’m saying it is! Manifest it with me! Here are some random moods to make this quarter the best it can be.

1. Redecorating My Wall.

Redecorating because just like everything else, it’s time for some refreshing.

2. The Trees and Foliage.

The best part about UCD is the arboretum and the greenery throughout the entire campus. Now that it’s all in bloom and lush, the campus is so beautiful that just walking to class makes my day.

3. Skateboarding to Class.

Skateboarding is fun, even though I’m not very good at it.

4. Picnic day, Picnic day, Picnic day!

This goes without saying!!

5. Upbeat music.

Bangers only.

6. Skirts! Dresses! Tank tops!

All of the flouncy, floral, and fun clothes I’ve kept stashed away finally get to shine. I love the transition of winter to spring in terms of style because that means that my everchanging summer wardrobe is just around the corner. Plus I feel cuter, and that means I feel better.

7. Seeing Your Friends Around Campus

I love this because everyone is out and about now with the warm weather!

8. The Farmer’s Market!

The Farmer’s Market is exponentially better with the sun out.

9. Getting a Bucket Hat?

I might pop off and buy a bucket hat.

10. Everything is More Colorful.

The trees, clothes, people’s attitudes…it all just comes to life.

11. The Whole Earth Festival!

People don’t talk about it enough, but it’s honestly so cool that we have an on-campus, student-organized music festival.

12. Generally Having a More Positive Attitude and Optimistic Outlook.

There’s nothing I can’t do. Even if I get a less-than-satisfactory grade every once in a while, or if I get rejected from this club or that job. I know that it is all going to work out in the end.  

13. Staying! Hydrated!

Staying hydrated in the summer is so important.

14. Doing Random Things with Random People.

I wasted a lot of time and energy in fall and winter quarter stressing about who my friends were and if I was well-liked. I have now hit a point where I’m just letting go of that. Hang with who you want. Do what you want. Who cares?

15. Looking Forward to Summer.

I’m looking forward to summer, even though this quarter is so much fun I don’t want to leave!

Ali Janku is a second year Economics and History double major. She loves writing, being outside, meeting new people, learning, and trying new things. In addition to writing for Her Campus, she works at the Manetti Shrem Museum, is an associate of Davis Women in Business, and is a performer with Birdstrike Improv Theater.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!