Culture > News

New York Times Gives UC Davis Free Unlimited Access

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

As students, we often get targeted for “free” trials or “unlimited access” only to find out later that this is not the case. However, thanks to a unique partnership, UC Davis students now have free digital access to the New York Times. Having access to this service is a great resource for both students and faculty and can be of great use for writing research essays, familiarizing yourself with current events, and much more. In addition, these services do not require that you be on campus to access them, opening a floodgate of possibility for streaming content for both personal and school use!

By having access to the New York Times online, UC Davis students can now research current issues in politics and international news and bring investigative claims to the classroom to spark debate and conversation. The service also is enabled with savable content, making it easy to cite sources or spread information directly and accurately.

As mentioned before, the New York Times also offers a wide range of content outside of what can be used for course curriculums including pop culture, guides, book reviews, style, and much more!

While the service is provided off campus as well, there are some additional perks to using it on campus that include:

• Interactive media including videos, graphics, maps, polls, etc.
  • Podcasts
  • Newsletters
  • Article history, savable content, commenting, feed customization
  • Online archiving dating back to 1851

Here at Her Campus, we definitely will be taking advantage of this unique and exciting new resource, and encourage students and faculty to as well! Activate your account today by clicking here.

This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!