My Favorite Places to Eat in Davis

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

I absolutely love to go out to eat in Downtown Davis. I love to go out with my roommates and all of our friends, and overall have a nice time. Thankfully, Davis has many restaurants, bakeries, and coffee shops to choose from. So whenever somebody suggests going downtown to hang out, we are never left without options. 

With that being said, here are my personal top picks: 

Thai Canteen is amazing. I personally had never tried Thai food before I got to Davis. I remember the first time I tried pad thai, and let me tell you, it was unforgettable. If you love peanuts, you will love their signature peanut sauce that goes on their noodles. The flavors and spices go so well together and the food absolutely melts in your mouth after each bite.

Burgers & Brew is definitely a classic in Davis, and I never pass up the opportunity whenever someone suggests it. One of my favorite foods of all time is definitely chili con carne. Burgers & Brew did not disappoint me when it came to their sourdough bread bowl full of chili. It’s so filling and I always find myself saving time when I just pop the leftovers in the microwave. Their burgers are also super flavorful and they have unique options such as spicy guacamole and chorizo if that’s more your wheelhouse. 

Paesanos can be a bit more on the expensive side, but it is so worth it because their food is delicious. I absolutely love Italian food and pizza is one of my favorite things to eat, so I had very high expectations when I first tried Paesanos. Their pizza is very tasty and again, very filling, so whenever I simply don’t have enough time to cook one day, I easily find myself just reheating what I bought. The restaurant itself is also very beautiful, so it’s nice to have lunch or dinner in an aesthetically pleasing place.   

Cloud Forest Cafe is a place that I hadn’t even heard about until a good friend of mine introduced it to me. It’s tucked away on D Street and it has an adorable red telephone box in front of it. I am a coffee girl through and through, and Cloud Forest’s coffee is so good! It’s not too bitter or too sweet, it’s perfect! Let me tell you about their paninis and potato salad! Pesto is one of the greatest foods on this planet, and their classic panini is full of it! All of the flavors compliment each other in their sandwiches. 

I am such a sucker for ice cream! No matter how hot or cold it is outside, I will never pass up an opportunity to go get this sweet treat with friends! Now, Davis Creamery is absolutely amazing. They have such really nice and unique flavors that constantly change, so I never have to worry about getting the exact same scoop over and over again. So if you like to change things up from time to time, I highly recommend Davis Creamery.  

There are many places to eat in Davis, and they are all delicious! If you’re craving something sweet or something salty, you’re not going to be left unsatisfied if you choose to dine downtown! 

Amanda is a fourth year Cinema & Digital Media major with a minor in Communications. She enjoys writing, watching movies & TV shows, and spending time with her friends. She hopes to pursue a career in the film industry after UC Davis.