This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

With my practical, analytical mentality, tendency to worry, and never-ending stomach problems, I am a Virgo through and through. While we might have a reputation of being cold and unemotional, I pride myself on my Virgo title and am always eager to respond to the question, “What’s your sign?” 

Astrology has never really played a supercritical role in my life.  In fact, the only time I ever really heard about it was from my mother who would occasionally speak about how moon sign compatibility is considered when matchmaking for arranged marriages in India. In recent years, astrology has become more popular within the media and pop culture and I have become aware of my placements. With intentions of remaining unbiased and seeking insight on my horoscope, I have decided to delve into my sun, moon, and rising signs. 

Virgo Sun

One’s sun sign represents core personality, sense of self, and basic preferences and tendencies. Virgo suns tend to be practical, analytical, and often urge themselves to improve each aspect of their lives. As much as I hate to admit it, Virgo suns maintain a tendency to worry. However, our immaculate problem-solving abilities and rationale allow us to keep a logical mindset. On the contrary, under the right circumstances Virgos can be very shy, oftentimes coming off as cold, reserved, and overly critical. Nevertheless, Virgos embrace these weaknesses, priding themselves on their defining ability to work hard and stay grounded, as many Earth signs do.  

Virgo Moon

Moon signs are known to determine one’s emotional needs, ultimately translating into their behavioral patterns. Due to the previously discussed coldness of my Virgo sun, many will be surprised to hear that those born with a moon in Virgo are sympathetic and sensitive. We are eager to learn as much as we can, constantly pursuing mastery of different hobbies. I find myself finding interest in not just material activities, but also how others live their lives. While maybe not fair, my Virgo moon allows me to observe, analyze, and attempt to practically fix issues I see my loved ones experience. A double Virgo placement allows one to think with their heads, rather than their hearts, and we often love to provide service to others with kindness and practicality. I personally suffer from worrisome-ness that Virgos experience, however, my Virgo moon is able to help me ground and comfort myself.  I am particularly grateful for my double Virgo placement, as I feel it pushes me to be independent and secure within my life.  

Aries Rising

I can admit, this placement is unexpected, random, and many are often shocked when they hear of it… until they see me angry. Ruled by Mars, the god of war, Aries risings are not afraid to bring the heat and argue for things we believe in. Like the traditional Aries, I sometimes view the world as a series of competitions. When combined with my Virgo placements, this vision pushes me to value respect and validation from others. Aries think before they do and never hesitate to take action, often typecast as a hyper-independent individual. I’d like to believe that my rising placement has brought more good than evil, however oftentimes when I anger or upset others, it is due to the careless and spontaneous actions that my Aries rising brings about in me. Nevertheless, I am grateful for my Aries rising placement: it adds the right amount of fire sign touch to aspects of my life that are too logical. 

After reading this article, I hope readers aren’t absolutely terrified of what I may bring to this world.  Regardless, I am grateful for my Earth-Fire big three. With my newfound knowledge and insight on my horoscope, I hope to pursue adulthood with positive intentions and nurture my astrological needs.  

Mihika is a third year microbiology student at UC Davis. While she is a STEM major, she loves to reading, writing, and being a member of UC Davis' Her Campus chapter! She also enjoys dancing, watching movies, trying new foods, practicing yoga, and spending time in nature.