Matt Klingler

Name: Matt Klingler
Grade: 3rd year
Major: Exercise Biology
Hometown: Granite Bay, CA
Relationship Status: Single

How do you spend your time?: I used to wrestle for Davis but the program got cut. I’m also in Athletes in Action. It’s a Christian fellowship on campus for athletes and non-athletes. I try to put my faith first in my life. I’m on the Worship Team so I play guitar. I also work at the ARC where I teach spin class, am a personal trainer, and teach TRX. TRX is resistance and suspension training.  I don’t really have a lot of free time, but when I do I hang out with a lot of my friends from Athletes in Action.

How long have you been playing guitar?: I’ve been playing guitar since junior year of high school. I started playing to impress a girl- it didn’t work. But I can play Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton.

How did you get into personal training?: I went to junior college before coming to Davis last year. Back home, I had a small business with five or six clients at a fitness studio. I got clients through referrals. I started training a few family friends and then they referred me to their friends. After a while I had a constant inflow of clients. I decided to work for the ARC once wrestling got cut. I added spin and TRX because just being a personal trainer wasn’t filling all the hours I wanted to meet.

What are your plans after college?: After college I’m not really sure what I want to do. I’m thinking of taking a year off and doing an internship maybe. I’m also looking into physical therapy. UCSF would be my first choice. I’ll probably figure out what I want to do during my year off.

What are your summer plans?: I found out today I’m going on a mission trip to Haiti. I’m going for a week with a few friends. I’ve been on a mission trip before to Mexico. It’ll be a good experience. I’ll probably just relax during summer session 1 and then take a class during summer session 2.

If you could have one super power what would it be and why?: Right now I would want to  read minds. I have a crush on a girl so I’d want to know how she feels.

Most embarrassing moment: When I missed my alarm for my first ever spin class that I was teaching…I thought I was going to get fired for sure, but I didn’t!

Who do you look up to and why?: Jesus Christ because he died for me

If you could switch lives with anyone for one day, who would you choose and why?: Dr. Shaffrath, my favorite EXB Professor, because he’s crazy awesome and I would like to know what thoughts go through his head to make him say the stuff he says.

A QUICKIE (survey) with the Campus Cutie

Favorite Cartoon Character: Doug

Blonde or Brunette?: Brunette

Favorite Feature in a girl: A woman of God

Favorite Movie: Zoolander and Role Models

Sports car or SUV: Sports car

Three pet peeves: When people are late, people who don’t work hard, and when people don’t do what they promise.

I love it when:  I get to hang out with my friends

Britney or Christina: Christina

Favorite Animal: Puppy

Favorite spot on Campus: The Arboretum

And most importantly, Boxers or Briefs?: Briefs