The Infamous Struggles of Allergy Season in Davis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Spring has sprung and allergy season is here! And if you’re from Davis, you are no stranger to the sight of seeing your car covered in pollen when you’re just trying to get home from a long day at work, and a multitude of other misfortunes us Aggies deal with….

1. Not being sure whether or not you are deathly ill or if it’s just the pollen

2. When the Allegra won’t kick in because you took it too late into your reaction

3. … accompanied by trying not to act like you aren’t aware of the hole these allergy medications are burning into your wallet

4. When everyone around you and their mothers say “I’ve never had allergies like this before!”

5. Bracing yourself for death when you walk through the quad to get to your next class and you see this happen: 

6. Trying to keep it together and look good when you’re out and about

7. But truly feeling like this on the inside:

8. Yet your runny nose still manages to ruin your aesthetic 

9. SNEEZING. SO. MANY. TIMES. CONSECUTIVELY. THAT. YOU. FEEL. LIKE. YOUR. HEAD. WILL. POP. OFF.

10. Telling yourself every week that you’ll finally go to the FarMar to buy the local honey that’s apparently good for your allergies, yet you never get around to it

11. Acting all cute and clueless like you don’t know why your seasonal reactions are just so damn bad?!

12. Because you don’t go to a agriculture-based heavy school or anything, right?

Cover photo taken from Unsplash

Saba is a third year student at University of California, Davis where she is majoring in Neurobiology, Physiology and Behavior. She is the former Editor in Chief and Campus Correspondent at her school's branch of Her Campus, where she served from March 2016 to March 2017. She hopes to attain an MD one day, specialize in ob/gyn and later work on public health policies, especially those regarding women's health and reproductive rights.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!