This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

The culture of Halloween has changed over time. When we were little, the concept of Halloween was so naive – we wanted to dress up as our favorite heroes and characters. Then, later, it became something we aspired to be, whether that’s a princess an astronaut or even a butterfly. Babies were dressed up into the cutest, pinchable costumes.

When we get to college, the spectrum changes. It ranges from the most creative to the punniest to the sexiest outfits. Everything now has an adult twist to it and it takes out the innocence. 

If you wear a super sexy dress does that make you edgy for the night?

Or if you hand make the entire costume, people will say, wow this person really took the time.

If you have a pun costume people will think: “Wow, so clever” or “how creative” or “I need to come up with something like that next year”. 

But does a costume actually define you? Does it automatically put a stamp or a label on your personality?

Whatever the costume it is, it is surely going to get people’s attention. This is the time of the year when you can wear anything, from a onesie to bed sheets to calling yourself a ghost. Just remember that there is no age limit on the costumes. The costume culture has evolved to where anyone can wear anything. You just have to be confident and flaunt what you are wearing. Make the most out of your Halloween – be sexy, be creative, and have fun with the ideas.

None of these images belong to Her Campus UC Davis. Thumbnail courtesy of Pexels

I'm 21 years old from Manteca California and majoring in international relations at University of California Davis. I'm aspiring to become a lawyer! I love Bhangra, family, friends and event planning and during dinner one night I decided with my best friends why not have a bhangra competition at UC Davis. Fun fact about me, I love to travel, and my immediate family is in 14 different countries.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!