Life > Experiences

Gifts to Get Your Friends and Family When You’ve Run Out of Ideas 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

As the end of the quarter approaches and finals come to a close, we all look forward to a stress — and deadline-free — holiday. However, if you’re like me, you’ve been so focused studying for finals that you forgot one last responsibility: buying Christmas presents for your family. By now I have searched every Bustle, Buzzfeed, and Reddit article in search of the perfect gift and frankly, I’m just about to give up. So if you want your last-minute gift to elicit a laugh, check out these well-meaning and sentimental items you can find on the Internet.

1. Nose Warmer 

Image Source: Pexels

Images like these have been circulating the web, so naturally, I had to check it out. What did I find? Not only do these actually exist, but there is a thriving Etsy store for them that had to be temporarily shut down. It will reopen only because it received so many orders. Check out the full store here

2. Shed Defender Shedding Dog Bodysuit 

Image Source: Pexels

For some reason, this one just doesn’t seem practical to me. The process of getting the dog in-and-out of this “Shed Defender” seems like it would get the fur all over, and consequently defeats the purpose of this product. So needless to say this product gets huge YES from me. 

3. The Squatty Potty 

Image Source: Pexels

What better to give this Christmas than the gift of a healthy colon! Get your most cherished family member or friend the Squatty Potty. Now I have heard of Squatty Potty before, but when researching further for this article, I found both an exciting and confusing piece of advice in the product description: “If you are a new squatter, the 7” is a great place to start or if consider yourself an advanced squatter, a 9″ Squatty Potty will work best.” I shudder to think what would happen if a new squatter attempted to use the 9” Squatty Potty. Make sure you consider your potential gift recipients respective squatting experience when purchasing. Find it for under $20.00 on Amazon

4. The Dad Bag 

Image Source: Pexels

Give the gift of convenient storage to a loved one. Grandma? She’ll love it. It’s the perfect place for her to keep her knitting needles ready for easy access. Get a Dad Bag for every member of the family so you can match on the go! Find the Dad Bag here on Amazon.

I hope this list gave you some ideas for meaningful and heartfelt last minute gifts. Happy holidays! 

Psychology Major Double Minor Professional Writing and Human Rights