Gift Ideas for the “Cool Girl” In Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

If you’re anything like me, the holiday season is a mix of excitement and dread. I am objectively a bad gift giver AND bad receiver…something about both acts feels awkward to me. I always doubt whether or not the gift I got will be good enough for the person I got it for and, when receiving a gift, I struggle to make sure the giver knows how much I appreciate it. Honestly, it is all very silly and born completely out of overthinking, but this year I am determined to give all the beautiful amazing cool girls in my life something they will love and I hope you will too. Whether this be inspiration for a sister, friend, girlfriend, mother, yourself, or any other special person in your life, here is a list of my top five favorite gift ideas for a “Cool Girl” so far. 

1. Italian Charm Bracelet ($15-$30 best found on ebay or etsy)

I feel like this is a really easy gift to get right because the bracelet is simple, not too flashy, and the charms are removable and customizable. You could get a plain one and a few charms that match the receivers interests. I feel like that would be a really thoughtful and special gift. 

1. Digital Camera ($15-$40 best found on ebay or etsy) 

Digital cameras take the best photos in my opinion, and it would be the perfect gift for someone in your life that loves to take pictures or just wants to capture the timeless quality a digital camera has. 

1. E.l.f. Glow Reviver Lip Oil ($8)

I am forever going to swear by this because I have put all of my friends and family on it. The best shade is ‘Jam Session’ in my opinion. It is a really nice, simple gift that will get a lot of use. It is also pretty affordable. I will definitely be picking up a few of these this holiday season.  

1. Good Girl and Very Good Girl Eau de Parfum Mini Duo Set ($35 at Ulta)

This is for the girl in your life obsessed with scents. These two perfumes not only smell great, but are packaged in a bottle shaped like a high heel which makes them overall just very cute. There are two scents, one is more daytime and the other is nighttime. This gift would stick out if you’re looking for a perfume gift set. 

1. Vintage Watch ($6-$25 best found on ebay or a thrift store)

Watches are surely going to be one of the top gifts of the season, and there are lots of ways to find some at a fairly reasonable price. I think there are often really unique and cool vintage watches at thrift stores, but many are also up for bid on ebay as well. 

I hope this holiday season brings a lot of joy and happiness and if you drew any inspiration out of this list then that is a huge victory for me. May we all be amazing gift givers and receivers this winter. 

Hello! My Name is Madeline Malak, I am from Redding California and a third year at UC Davis. I major in History, but I have always had a passion for literature whether that be reading others work or writing my own. My favorite book is The Count Of Monte Cristo. Some of my other interests include movie reviewing, listening to music, and being super funny, cool, and awesome.