This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.
In order to quench my insatiable thirst for fashion, I was lucky enough to land a once in a lifetime, PAID, summer internship at Nordstrom. While I thought that being in a department store for hours on end each day would make me a little less shopping-obsessed, it did the exact opposite. Being surrounded by beautiful, trendy clothing day in and day out turned me into a much better, more stylish, and fashion conscious version of myself. Each day I would look forward to seeing the new shiny products on the shelf and, since I worked in shoes, my wardrobe began to drastically multiply in pairs of two. Though my internship is over, and pulling shoe after shoe from the stock room is done (thank God), I am haunted by the very shoes that I sold. I cannot go anywhere without noticing and identifying each designer and exact product style. From the Steve Madden, “Bev”, to the Frye, “Mellissa Button”, I constantly recognize the immense amount of shoes I slaved over all summer long. Despite my unrelenting desire to rid myself of this obsessive knowledge, fall boots have been on my mind since July! For this fall, anything rugged, slouchy, or rustic-looking goes! Militant style combat boots are back from last year with a feminine edge. On another extreme, sleek and simple riding boots remain a classic. These are some of my favorite styles for Fall 2011. Enjoy!
Rachael Brandt is your typical collegiette. Her free time, you'll find her roaming the CoHo, nourishing her hourly caffeine fix or rocking out at the campus rec center in Zumba class. Rachael has interned at Acosta/Salazar PR firm in Sacramento, CA --working with politicians and interest groups to aide their campaigns. She now spends her days working at the Events and Conferencing Center, in hopes of saving up for the many goodies she hopes to acquire while studying abroad next year. After cultivating an obsession for Her Campus, she opened the UC Davis branch, and now serves as campus correspondant.