travel airplane sky sunset
travel airplane sky sunset
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus
Life > Experiences

Bucket List Travel Destinations

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Since being fortunate enough to travel to Europe last summer, I’ve spent some time thinking about where I would love to travel next if given the opportunity. After visiting Italy and Greece, I know that visiting another country opens your eyes to different cultures and increases your global awareness. Traveling is filled with both fun and learning experiences. Here are some bucket list travel destinations you and I might want to explore in the future. 

1. Japan: Japan is a country full of rich traditions and timeless beauty. With its historical temples, traditional tea houses, and famous cherry blossoms, Japan embodies both the past and the present. Kyoto, in particular, seamlessly blends history, spirituality, and natural beauty. Not to mention, it is the best place for sushi if you’re a sushi lover and is sure to have the highest quality matcha, which is my favorite drink of choice. 
  2. Paris, France: Strolling through its charming neighborhoods, Paris is lined with bistros, boutiques, and art galleries. The enchanting capital of France offers an array of pastries, cheeses, and gourmet delights. It is rich in culture and art, creating a romantic ambiance, especially when looking at the Eiffel Tower lit up at night. 
  3. Florence, Italy: I visited Florence last summer and it was beautiful. To me, it seemed like the epitome of Italy, the picture-definition of what Italy looks like. Visiting the iconic Florence Cathedral (Duomo), it is clear that Florence embodies timeless architecture. The Ponte Vecchio, or the famous medieval jewelry bridge, spans the Arno River, providing breathtaking views as you walk through the city. Finally, ending the night with pasta gives you the perfect experience of Italy.
  4. Singapore: After watching Crazy Rich Asians, Singapore was added as another one of my bucket list travel destinations. The nightlife and variety of street food options appeared to provide an experience like no other. It is also a global financial hub with Singapore’s skyline dotted with skyscrapers which create that hustle and bustle feel of a busy city. With its seemingly endless amount of things to do (and food to eat), I would love to explore this cosmopolitan gem in the future. 
  5. Switzerland: Switzerland is known for its Alpine landscapes, pristine lakes, and picturesque villages. The Swiss Alps in particular provide a year-round outdoor activity. I would love to visit Switzerland in the winter and maybe even try skiing down some of its slopes. This destination seems less cosmopolitan but has a unique charm that I would love to see. Overall, Switzerland is a change of pace from city life and appears to lean more towards a peaceful escape for its visitors. 

As the world anticipates a future filled with travel possibilities, these five travel destinations offer a small glimpse into what each place has to offer and the type of adventures that await. From the coexistence of tradition and modernity in Japan to the romantic ambiance of Paris and the peaceful escape of Switzerland, each location has its own charm.

Phoebe is a current third-year at UC Davis majoring in Economics and Science & Technology Studies. She hopes to attend law school in the future. Outside of her academic interests, she enjoys trying new foods, spending time with friends, and traveling.