This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

When I first started college, people in my life warned me that it would go by fast. They would tell me, “These four years will fly by, so enjoy it while you can.”  I never believed them, I would think, “I have a long way to go before I graduate, I have plenty of time.” Now, as I come to the end of my time in college, let me tell you, it truly has gone by in a blink. I graduate from UC Davis in two weeks, and I still cannot believe it is happening. These past four years of college have truly been a journey, and I am  grateful for everything that I have learned and every opportunity I was able to experience. 

My college journey started at a community college in my hometown. When I graduated high school, I was unsure of what I wanted my next steps to be. So I started at community college to explore what I wanted to do. It was there that I took my first psychology course that led me to fall in love with psychology and choose it as my major. My two years of junior college were mostly spent online due to the Covid-19 pandemic. During this time I was working almost full time, and saving money for when I transferred to a university. The first two years of college were spent working hard, and exploring my interests, and I am grateful for my time at community college. 

After careful consideration, I decided to transfer to the University of California, Davis. I had only seen the campus once, but felt like it was the place I needed to go next. At UC Davis, I continued being a psychology major and added two minors, one  in education and one in Chicana studies. The classes I have taken at UCD have truly been so amazing, and I have learned so much about myself and the world around me. During my time at Davis, I have been the Resource Chair and the Vice President of the Undergraduate Psychology Association, I have worked in local schools, I have volunteered with local organizations, and I am a research assistant in a lab. All of these experiences have helped shape me and teach me what I want to do with my life.

Now, as I prepare for graduation and reflect on my college journey, I am proud of all that I have accomplished. I am graduating with honors, and will be receiving an award in the psychology department. I have made life long friends that I cherish, and have made connections with professors that I hope to keep for a long time. I am excited for the next chapter of my life, and am looking forward to getting my master’s degree next Fall. However, I will miss UC Davis and all the amazing experiences I have had here. College is the time to cherish every moment and take every opportunity you can, because let me tell you, it does go by so fast. 

Peace out UCD, Aggies forever.  

Sofia Gonzalez is a fourth year student at UC Davis. She is majoring in psychology with a minor in education. When not working on school, she enjoys reading, watching Netflix, and listening to Taylor Swift.