This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

With the quarter coming to much anticipated end, you’re probably burnt out from studying and writing papers. There’s no better way to spend the break than by taking a break from assignments and quizzes. But it’s still a great four weeks to stay productive and focus on other goals. Since Winter quarter is less than a month away, here are some ideas to keep you busy (or keep you relaxed) this winter break!

1. Stay in bed and watch Netflix (or Hulu, HBO Go, or cable TV).

This doesn’t have to be an everyday thing (or if you want to, it could be!), but after studying a week straight for finals, you deserve to take a rest and catch up on all your favorite shows. Just lie down, put on some warm pj’s, get a few snacks, and watch Stranger Things or any other show you’ve missed the opportunity to catch up on during the quarter.

2. Set goals for next quarter.

Maybe you’re happy with how well you did this quarter, but there is always room for personal growth and improvement, especially if things didn’t go as expected. This is the time to set some goals for yourself so that you can do better in school in winter quarter. A goal could be to study for at least 5 hours a week for your statistics class, set up a study group, or read one non-school book a week. Set the goal and then figure out how you will accomplish this, kind of like a New Year’s resolution. You’ll be getting an early start for next quarter!

3. Catch up with friends and family.

Now that you’re finally free from homework and tests, it’s time to set some time to see your loved ones! Text your friends and go out and get some coffee, go to the movies with your family, decorate the tree with your cousins, go out shopping with your significant other, or whatever else you like to do with your friends. This is the time to have a lot of fun and not worry about daily assignments. 

Image source: Pexels

4. Start looking into jobs for next quarter or for the summer.

If you’re looking into getting a job, you might want to start looking into it this winter break. Search Aggie Job Link for campus jobs for the coming quarter since a lot of positions become available at the start of a new quarter. Or if you want to get a summer job, you could start looking into it now as wel!. A lot of companies start their applications early and have their candidates selected by spring. Take time over break to work on your resume and work on job applications.

5. Sleep.

Probably the most important of all! Make sure to take the time to rest this break, you deserve it!

Image source: Pexels

Cover image source: Pexels

Annette is a freshman at UC Davis. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, painting, drawing, and keeping up with politics. 
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!