The 5 Best Resources on Campus You Might Not Know About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

It can get a little confusing to hear about all of the different acronyms for resources on campus, so here’s a list explaining the best undergraduate resources that UC Davis has to offer!

1. The Internship and Career Center (ICC)

Located in South Hall along the east quad, the ICC is filled with people who will help you find the perfect job or internship. The staff is friendly and extremely knowledgeable about Aggie Job Link, transcript notation, and even receiving class credit for an internship. Check them out if you’re looking for real-world experience in whatever field you want to pursue! 

2. The Pantry

Located in the basement of Freeborn Hall, which is just behind the Memorial Union, the Pantry assists students in need of food and personal items, such as toilet paper, toothpaste, and feminine hygiene products. The staff is friendly and accommodating, and all you need to receive meals or materials is your Aggie Student ID card. Even if you don’t need to use their services, the Pantry is a great place to get involved through volunteering your time or donating to help a classmate in need.​

3. The Center for Leadership Learning (CLL)

The CLL offers various workshops and events that sharpen your leadership and professional skills. Located right near the Silo in a building called the Grove (previously Surge III), the CLL provides ways for undergraduate students to gain more knowledge and experience with leadership and professionalism. They even offer three certificate programs that involve internships and group projects, which are included on your transcript!

4. The Women’s Research and Resource Center (WRRC)

In North Hall along the east quad, the WRRC is an amazing center on campus that can give you information on women’s health, mental health, and sexual health. They also host a variety of events such as the Davis Feminist Film Festival and V* Stories, a version of the Vagina Monologues that students perform each year. Within the WRRC, there’s a great space called the Righteous Babes Lounge that’s perfect for meeting new people and studying for classes!

5. The Student Community Center (SCC)

Just across the street from Rock Hall, the Student Community Center offers a huge variety of resources to students. You can find the LGBTQIA Resource Center, the Cross Cultural Center, and the AB540 and Undocumented Student Center inside the SCC. In addition to these resources, you can reserve meeting rooms for your clubs, study groups, or events on campus.

Get ready to have a great quarter, now that you know about these amazing resources!

Mariana graduated from University of California, Davis in 2018 with bachelor's degrees in English and linguistics. She currently works as an editor for a biotechnology company in Seattle, WA.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!