4 Ways to Transform Your Skin in Seconds

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

It’s difficult to find the time to go through an entire skincare routine when you have work, social obligations and extracurriculars dominating your daily life. Even when you’re coming home from a party or a night out, the struggle to take off your makeup is real. But taking care of your skin in your 20s has huge payoffs in the long run and many skin saving methods only take seconds! We’ve got four ways to achieve glowing skin for spring, and they all take less than 15 minutes!

1. Facial masks

Let’s make #FaceMaskFridays a thing! Gather your roommates for your new Friday ritual! Face masks detoxify, exfoliate, and revitalize your skin with enriching ingredients. It requires little to no effort on your part besides putting it on and letting it set for 10 to 15 minutes! It’s the perfect chance to pamper yourself while you’re studying or chilling at home. 

2. Face steaming

Face steaming and steam facials are a natural and accessible way to refresh your skin. Boiling a pot of water on the stove and hovering over the steam will allow your pores to open up and for your skin to truly breathe.

Steam facials will not only open up your pores to eliminate bacteria and dead skin cells, but it will also provide natural moisture to invigorate and improve your skin. If you want to add a little extra benefit to your facial, squeeze in two pumps of Lush’s Grease Lightning Tea Tree Cleanser to combat acne and impurities. Note: be careful not to make the water too hot!

3. Beauty oils

Beauty oils have become have become increasingly popular in the beauty community, and are fantastic for all skin types! Whether you have combination, normal, dry or oily skin, using a beauty oil at night will leave you with glowing skin in the morning! Many of the oils available in the market have all natural ingredients that work overnight to repair and improve the overall texture of your skin.

Our favorites include the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate, Josie Maran’s Argan Oil and Tarte’s Maracuja Oil.

4. Cleansing water

You will not believe how ineffective makeup wipes are until you have used a cleansing water right after. If you wear makeup on a day to day basis, your favorite, convenient makeup wipes may not be getting the job done. Following up with a cleansing water on a cotton pad after cleansing at night, by massaging it all over your skin, will get rid of dead skin cells, bacteria and any remaining makeup you may have missed.

Cleansing waters, in many ways, are similar to toners in that they refresh the skin before moisturizing. They have simple, clean ingredients and generally come in sensitive skin friendly formulas. Our current favorite is the Simple Micellar Water- and it’s available in the drugstore, yay!

We hope these tips get you one step closer to flawless spring skin. Don’t forget to share your #FaceMaskFriday selfies with us!

Varsha is currently a senior at UC Davis double majoring in Communication and Sociology. A Bay Area native, she relishes any opportunity to visit the beach and explore cities big and small. As an avid reader and writer, she hopes to utilize her passion for storytelling through a future career in PR. She is a self-proclaimed foodie and always enjoys a good cup of coffee. You can find her writing poems on the quad, reporting stories for AggieTV and daydreaming in the Arboretum, figuring out life as a 22 year old. 
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!