This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

With Halloween just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to start making plans to celebrate! Whether it be exploring a world record corn maze or participating in zombie-themed paintball, there are plenty of things you can do in Davis to ring in this spooky holiday. Here are some of the Halloween events happening in Davis during October: 

Cool Patch Pumpkins: September 23rd to October 31st

Home to a world-record corn maze, Cool Patch Pumpkins is a must-visit fall attraction for all Davis students! The maze is $22 per person and free for children 5 and under. If navigating through a corn maze isn’t your cup of tea, there are also pumpkin patches to explore, hay ride tours of the patch, and corn baths. 

Pre-Bike Brew Party: October 28th, 5:00 pm-9:00 pm

The night before the Zombie Bike Ride, there will be a pre-bike brew party hosted by Sudwerk Brewing Co. where you can meet fellow bikers, grab a bite to eat, and enjoy a brewski! There will also be a mini pumpkin patch and carved pumpkins to see. And from 7 pm to 9 pm, you can rock out with musical performances from Same As It Ever Was, a Sacramento 80’s cover band! 

5th Annual Zombie Bike Ride: October 29th, 12:00 pm-3:00 pm

If you enjoy biking and a good fright, this free event is just for you! The Zombie Bike Ride is designed to follow the Davis Bike Loop for a 12-mile ride that you can take at your own pace. Along your ride, you can explore more of Davis and possibly even encounter a horde of zombies! 

Zombie Mash Afterparty: October 29th, 4:00 pm-6:00 pm

After the Zombie Bike Ride, there will be a free afterparty at Central Park between 3rd and 4th Streets. This event has everything you could possibly want. Complete with zombie BMX stunt performers, a live DJ set, fire dancers, and an assortment of options for food and drinks. You will not want to miss this event!

The Co-Op Block Party: October 27th, 6:00 pm-8:00 pm

This annual event returns with a spooky Halloween twist! This event features live music from Big Sticky Mess, various art vendors, a Halloween costume contest, pumpkin decorating, and food and drinks from a variety of local businesses. To register for this free event, see here

Zombie Paintball: October 28th, 9:00 am-3:30 pm

Hosted by Davis Paintball, this exciting event uses green paint in a paintball game of Humans vs Zombies. Those on the Human team who get hit by green paint join the team of Zombies. Do you think you will survive? Find out by heading to Davis Paintball to join the battle. Note: Davis Paintball’s charges apply. 

UC Davis Symphony Orchestra: “Halloween & Día de los Muertos”: October 31st, 7:00 pm-8:00 pm

This free 1-hour concert at the Mondavi Center features orchestral performances that are meant to vividly depict traditional scenes of death, such as the death of Tybalt from Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet and the Danse Macabre (the dance of death). 

Depths of the Sea, DJ Set: October 29th, 12:00 pm-3:00 pm

Have you ever wanted to listen to a DJ set by someone inside a giant inflatable octopus? Well, you’re in luck! On campus at the West Quad, DJ Mellax will be doing just that! Enjoy live music while dancing with others at this live DJ party.

Corbett’s House of Horror “Fear Farm”: September 29th to October 28th

With 15 acres of spooks and frights, Corbett’s House of Horror is the largest haunt in NorCal. With attractions like traversing a zombie-infested cornfield, defending yourself from zombies with paintball guns while riding in the back of a high-speed pick-up truck, or wandering through a haunted house, there’s something for everyone! Note: tickets are sold at location only. 

Manual Cinema: “Frankenstein”: October 29th, 2:00 pm

Presented by Chicago-based collective Manual Cinema, Mary Shelley’s classic story of Frankenstein is interwoven with the biography of Shelley herself, to craft a mixed-media performance that explores the horror and beauty of creation. To buy tickets for $25, see here

I hope some of these Halloween events pique your interest and, of course, Happy Halloween!

Vivian is an English major at UC Davis. In her spare time, she enjoys watching Studio Ghibli movies, attempting new recipes she finds online, and fiercely debating strangers on the validity of pineapples on pizza.