10 Finals Week Struggles We Know All Too Well

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

While we’re all dreading finals week and gearing up for those late night study sessions, it’s important to realize: you’re not alone! Here are a few unavoidable (and delirious) phases we all go through during finals week.

1. That moment the week before finals when you feel a wash of determination — you’re ready to ace your finals and have developed the perfect study plan.

2. When your friends ask if you want to take a study break and get some dinner.

3. When you’re daydreaming of the last day of the quarter.

4. When everyone else seems on their game at the library and you seem to be the only one struggling.

5. In the midst of studying, you can no longer deny your hunger and decide to take a break to eat…

…. but end up feeling like you want to crash afterwards.

5. While you’re studying and going over readings, you start procrastinating by overanalyzing the most random things.

6. When you’re finally on a roll after procrastinating, and your computer and/or internet decides to slow down:

7. When you thought it was 10 p.m. and you realize it’s actually 2 a.m. and you still have so much left to study:

8. The Starbucks line during finals week. Enough said.  

9. When you’re on your third (or fourth) cup of coffee for the day:

10. When finally you walk out of your last final… but realize spring break is only a week long:

Even though spring break is considerably short compared to summer break, it is still an amazing (and sunny) reward after a rough week of finals. Study smart, study hard and good luck! You got this.  

Varsha is currently a senior at UC Davis double majoring in Communication and Sociology. A Bay Area native, she relishes any opportunity to visit the beach and explore cities big and small. As an avid reader and writer, she hopes to utilize her passion for storytelling through a future career in PR. She is a self-proclaimed foodie and always enjoys a good cup of coffee. You can find her writing poems on the quad, reporting stories for AggieTV and daydreaming in the Arboretum, figuring out life as a 22 year old. 
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!