*This title is awkward
I don’t know about you, but I utter the phrase “I’m so embarrassed” about once a day. I’m either a really awkward individual or I’m just easily embarrassed (probably both). So here’s a list of a few awkward incidences and major fails that have occurred in my uncomfortable life.
1) Scenario: At the theater
Employee: “Enjoy your movie!”
Me: “You too! Um…I mean..”
Employee: “It’s okay”
2) My iPod died while I was walking to class but regardless I decided to leave my earphones plugged in and halfway to class I realized that the cord to my earphones was broken so I just had this long white string dangling in front of me the entire time.
3) Scenario: Getting off the trolley
Me (to the driver): “Thank You!”
Driver: “You’re Welcome”
Me: “You too!” (Proceeds to run away)
4) I was walking to class once and I nearly slipped, then I looked down and saw that one of my sandals was broken. The strap that holds the shoe together had come apart, so I ended up dragging that one shoe with my foot that whole day. I looked like a pirate with one leg.
5) Once when I was riding the bus I was stuck having to hold onto the bar, and as the bus came to an abrupt halt I fell backwards. I ended up landing on the lap of some guy. And instead of getting up I just sat there like a fool! And the worst part was that his girlfriend was sitting right next to him, giving me the stink eye.
6) My frehsman year, I got a text from a friend reading:”We can grab dinner?” and I replied: “You didn’t know that we could go off campus to eat??LOL”
7) I slipped down the walkway at the Life Science Building lecture hall, and then tried to pretend like nothing happened.
8) I’ve tripped and bent my ankle as I’ve walked on a perfectly even sidewalk one too many times.
9) I was about 10 minutes late to class so I tried to walk in without making a scene so I decided to sit in the back row but then I ended up stepping on a bunch of people’s feet, and yelling “SORRY!” a bit too loudly as I struggled to get to my seat.
10) This one time some guy was introducing himself to me and then proceeded to shake my hand. I stared at his hand and then a few seconds too late I extended mine as his hand was going back down. Then I quickly put my hand back down while he extended his. And to avoid the whole situation I just slowly turned my body away from him.
11) I was talking to my roommate in the living room, and from the corner of my eye I saw a man standing outside the window so I started to scream. Turns out it was only the UPS guy.
12) I’ve tripped walking up the stairs several times but this one time I was so fed up with my clumsiness that I proceeded to lay there. And then some nice girl saw me, ran and ended up dragging me upright. Talk about humiliating.
13) Back in the 7th grade when I always thought I was going to be late to my next class (I was adamant about being on time many moons ago). So this one day when my teacher kept us a while after class, I was so nervous about being late to my other class that I started to run and as I turned the corner I felt myself falling down, but in a slow motion sort of way. By the time I hit the ground I was so embarrassed that instead of getting up, I continued to lay there (I think it’s a habit). So after laughing uncontrollably for too long one of my friends finally decided to help me up. That’s when he told me that while I lying on the ground my skirt had lifted up and everyone had seen my underwear. (Yes! I had forgotten to wear shorts underneath!!)
14) And the moment that tops the cake is when I was in the restroom and there was a pervert peeing on the wall. So while he was peeing, I was struggling in my stall contemplating whether I should call the police and risk having him hear me or stepping out and confronting the guy. After much contemplation, I ended up just standing there hoping that he wouldn’t attack me. Then after doing his business, he left, so I ran out of the stall only to find out that I was in the men’s restroom the entire time and that I in fact was the perv.