What’s Up With the Weather in Riverside?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

It should be cold in Autumn right??? WHY NOT IN Riverside?! Down here in Southern California, it is almost the end of October, YET it is still in the 90s! Girls are wearing flip flops and shorts one week, and the next we have rain….what is up with that?! How’s a girl supposed to plan her cute outfits with this crazy weather??

Have no fear! For HC UCR is here to help!

Some things you should have in your Autumn wardrobe include:

A knit scarf

Scarves are so versatile! Throw them on with a white tee, a long cardigan some leggings and a pair of boots, and you’re set to go to class looking fashionable AND comfy!

Cardigans!

One reason I have about 15 cardigans is….because they are great for layering! Pair with a long tank from the the men’s section and leggings for class, or over a dress and tights! Any way you wear it, it’s hard to go wrong with this closet staple.

Knee high boots

One reason why Fall is such an ideal season, is because of the selection of SHOES you can wear! Boots, flats, Converses, Toms, etc.

Boots, however, are my choice of shoes. They look great with leggings and skinny jeans tucked into them. They also look incredibly fashionable with a sundress (a la Taylor Swift). Whichever way you choose to pair these babies with, make sure you break them in first! You don’t want to hobble around campus nursing blisters!
[pagebreak]
Men’s White t-shirts 

If you’re blessed with a boyfriend who lives in white tees, then why not ‘borrow’ a shirt or two from him and build a casual-but-fashionable outfit around it?

White tees are so versatile in that you can dress it up OR down! Because white tees can be paired with almost anything, this item deserves it’s own list!

• Dress it up with a blazer
  • Tuck it into a skirt and belt your waist
  • Wear it under a button down with the buttons open and a belt
  • Pair it with jeans, and tuck the front bit into your pants and belt it up! Nothing cuter than that!

Knee-high socks

Wear these under knee-high boots to prevent rubbing at the back of your ankles! It also looks very school-girl-ish with the top bits peeking out over the tops of the boots. Or you can scrunch them down to pair with ankle boots and cuffed up trousers/jeans.

Blazers

Roll the sleeves up for a more casual look and pair with dark denim and a white tee. Or you can match it with a cute sundress and thin belt.

Button down shirts

Wear under a blazer, cardigan or by itself with a long tank and leggings or even jeans! This item is almost impossible to get wrong!

All the above are great by themselves AND also layering which comes in handy when it is FREEZING cold outside and hot hot hot inside ESPECIALLY if you have discussion classes…. OR in Riverside, it’s REALLY hot out but freezing in the classrooms (Life Science’s anyone??)

Any way you wear your outfit, remember if you feel confident and comfortable about your choice, then you’ll be glowing and radiating like a VS model! So STRUT your stuff!

Nicole Martinez

UC Riverside

Nicole is a senior at UC Riverside where she is majoring in Media and Culture studies. She co-founded the Her Campus UC Riverside chapter her sophomore year in college. She loves to spend her free time watching The Mindy Project, Girls, Pretty Little Liars, and other shows with leading ladies. She also dabbles on tumblr, instagram (obviwearetheladies), and twitter. Mindy Kailing and Shoshanna are her spirit animals and in the near future she hopes to achieve elite status on Yelp, pursue a career in Public Relations and ultimately conquer the world.