What to Do on a Wednesday Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

One of the biggest complaints that the student body at UC Riverside have as a whole is that there’s pretty much nothing to do in Riverside. We don’t live in a city like L.A. where things are in a constant state of excitement nor do we live in a city like Berkeley where the streets lined with endless curiosities surround the campus. However, we do live in a city where the mountains blush at sunset and there are a healthy amount of bars to hop. But what is there to do on Wednesday?

Instead of sitting around and binge-watching the 5th television series you’ve started since you’ve gotten your new Netflix account, get up and get dressed to go to the Barn.  The Barn Series at UC Riverside has been known to have some great artists come by.  In the past, artists like Zion I, Murs, Chuck Inglish, Matt Costa, Pac Div, People Under the Stairs, Anarbor and so much more have graced the presence of countless UCR students. 

This quarter Of Montreal (Jan. 22), Islands (Jan. 29), Black Uhuru (Feb. 5), Hellfyre Club (Feb. 12), and, of course, the Comedy Apocalypse presented by KUCR (Feb. 19) will be featured. Whether you’re a hip-hop head or an indie enthusiast, the variety in genres assures that there will be something to tickle everyone’s eardrums. 

So what’s so special about the winter Barn Series?  First off, the tickets are the cheapest things in the world.  They’re $5 for UCR students and $12 for non-UCR students which is completely “college student budget” friendly.  But most importantly, it’s not only a great way to listen to great artists in an intimate setting but it’s also a great way to kick it with your friends and perhaps, just perhaps, make new ones. 

Now go and buy your tickets, they sell fast kiddies.

Jessica Diesta

UC Riverside

I love yoga, yummy food, and ginger cats. I also run an online store for curated vintage with my best friend (http://caffeinatedflowers.storenvy.com/)
UC Riverside

UC Riverside