This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

1. “Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me”-Meredith Grey 

One of the most iconic and best quotes of the show where a heroine actually portrays true vulnerability and fights for her love. Usually it is the boy in many movies and television shows saying beautiful emotional words but not the girl. This scene turns that stereotype around and shows how the girl is feeling and that she can still try her best and get rejected.

American Broadcasting Company and Canva

2. “I think you can’t wait for someone to fly underneath you and save your life. I think you have to save yourself.” – Meredith Grey 

This is personally one of my favorite quotes of all time. When times get tough or you’re stressed out and unhappy with yourself, you tend to blame the situation, yourself, or other  people Or maybe you’re just waiting for someone to come and make it better, like waiting for a fairy godmother to come and wave her magic wand and everything will turn out to be okay. I think this quote tells it the way it does that only you can turn your life around no matter what and waiting for that fairy godmother or prince charming is not it.

3. “You never think that the last time is the last time. You think there will be more. You think you have forever, but you don’t.” – Meredith Grey

I think this is a quote that is very applicable to this global pandemic. You truly never know what is going to happen tomorrow, so as cliche as it may sound, let go of the grudges, let go of the worries and take it one day at a time.

There are doctors standing in the hallway of a hospital.
Oles Kanebckuu

4. It’s a beautiful day to save lives- Derek Shepherd

Dr. McDreamy’s most famous quote when he goes into the OR. Who cannot resist those dreamy eyes and smile when he says this?

5. “Oh screw beautiful! I’m brilliant! If you want to appease me, compliment my brain.”- Christina Yang 

This quote is for all the boss ladies out there. Girls, we know we are hot and smart and anyone should know better than to mess with us. 

Rithika Nair

UC Riverside '21

Hi, I am a 21 year old college student attending UCR who loves movies, books and adventures! :P