Lindsay Thompson-Music Festival Miami Ultra Lights Stage Concert Balloons Music Edm
Lindsay Thompson / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

This summer is fastly approaching and I am very excited to finally be able to spend more time with friends and family without having to stress about the different classes I would have had if I wasn’t graduating. Since it is my first summer in forever that I will not be taking summer school classes,  I want to make sure that I actually have fun. Here are some of the things I am looking forward to doing this summer.

1. Going on a grad trip

This was something my mom gifted both my brother and me since we’re graduating together at the same time. I am very excited about this since it is something she planned out for us and surprised us with. The two options she originally gave us were New York City or Alaska and we were both fine with either. This trip is going to be very fun since it is before my brother goes off to college and it will be our first ever solo trip together.

1. Seeing ZEDD

Back in April my friends and I went to Beyond Wonderland and we saw ZEDD live. He then mentioned something about having an event over the summer where he was inviting other artists to perform as well but it was his concert. My sorority sister and I were so obsessed that we had to purchase tickets for ZEDD in the Park which would be held in the summer. We managed to get the tickets for $50 to see one of the best DJs out there so I am looking forward to that very much.

1. Going out to eat back home

Since I grew up in the LA area there are many different restaurants that I always want to try because I see celebrities or influencers posting about the different meals they get. One of the ones I miss getting is BluJam Cafe, which is located around the San Fernando Valley and has some of the best breakfast/brunch food. I always just want to go to different places on Ventura Blvd. because they have some of the fancier or better-tasting restaurants. Being able to get some aesthetically pleasing meals is the goal for summer 2022.

1. Spending time with family

Since I’ve been away from home, seeing my cousins and aunts isn’t as easy. I especially miss seeing my baby cousin since he’s always so fun to hang around and has tons of energy. Many times when I go home it’s only for the weekend so I only get to spend time with my boyfriend or parents and not everyone else. But hopefully during the summer we are able to spend more time together.

These are some things I am looking forward to for this coming summer. Hopefully, I am able to do all of them and actually feel relaxed and have it feel like a real summer. Here’s to summer 2022!

Ashleen Herrarte

UC Riverside '22

Ashleen was a UCR Political Science and Philosophy major. She graduated from UCR back in Spring 2022. When she was not writing articles for HCUCR, she was usually spending time with friends by going out to eat yummy foods or watching shows at home. She hopes you enjoyed reading her articles!