Springtime Style: UCR’S First Annual Fashion Show

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

UCR’s fashion forward campus just hosted it’s very first annual fashion show, complete with student designers, performers, and models. Also featured in the show were pieces from popular college-girl-approved shops located in Tyler Mall and Ontario Hills Mall. 

Overall, the show was a great success and Her Campus UCR is proud to have had such a huge part in putting it together! So here’s a recap of the chic looks we showcased on the runway. 

Debuting their lovely clothing designs were Patricia Falowo, Claire Li, Jessica Tovar, and Kathleen Lavug. These talented young women created both casual walking-to-class-in style outfits and elegant after-class gowns, like the lovely dress featured below:

Also featured were clothing choices from…

The newest trends from 2B include some striking high-contrast looks, some chic looking seasonal prints, and some stylish new graphic tees. 

This cute and casual shop is offering deals on knits and dresses this month. Don’t miss out on the Cotton On deals this summer!

Stylish clothes, hats, and watches can be found in the FUZEBOX!

Selling adorable vintage high waisted shorts and reconstructed tops, this small High N Wasted business isn’t sobering up anytime soon.

Swimsuits, dresses, shorts, and cute tops galore! Definitely check out Pac Sun for some stylish summertime looks. 

And let’s not forsake Wet Seal! They have some adorable warm weather collections.

And Bread $ociety, the trendy clothing brand with a new Black and Gold collection. 

[pagebreak]

In between each runway walk, some talented UCR students donated their time to perform for our audience. JK, the musical group, performed their own renditions of some popular radio hits, Amber Coleman demonstrated her amazing voice range by performing another musical number, and Athea Recolaso performed a graceful and beautiful Hawaiin dance. A round of applause is in order!

During the show, some lucky winners in the audience recieved some of our sponsor’s generous giveways. These included…

a pair of Waybu sunglasses,  the eco-friendly eyewear designed from bamboo for a tropically chic look.

shoes from Mocactia Footwear, a shoe brand that embraces the Aztec style in a cute and flirty way.

a $100 makeover by Sephora, the makeup brand we all know and love!

Lemon & Line bracelets, adorable rope style bracelets that are water-proof and perfect for beach accessories!

and a $150 gift card for Rent the Runway, a neat not-so-little boutique that allows customers to rent luxurius designer clothes.

A big thank you to those sponsors! 

Also, a thank you to Glamour Secrets, Marisol de la Torre, and Monika Vermani for doing hair and makeup.

[pagebreak]

Take a look at some of our models and their runway-ready outfits!

Brenna Dilger

UC Riverside

Brenna Dilger is not only a writer for HerCampus, but also a Staff Writer on UCR's newspaper, the Highlander. She has lived in Minnesota, Florida, and now Los Angeles. An adventurous spirit, she is most happy when traveling or sharing a new experience with someone she loves. 
UC Riverside

UC Riverside