Green Apple Day of Service!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

*Press Release*

You are invited to participate in the Green Apple Day of Service taking place at the UCR Community Garden on Saturday, September 28th from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm.

The Green Apple Day of Service will bring together thousands of students, teachers, parents and community leaders from around the globe to improve our school environments through service projects, education, community events and more. Our vast network of champions will demonstrate the strength and breadth of our movement, leaving a meaningful and lasting local impact on our world’s schools. More info: http://mygreenapple.org/

Join us at the UCR Community Garden for a garden clean up and planting, all while learning about how to be more healthy and environmentally friendly at informational booths!

Cost — The event will be FREE and open to the public.

Directions — The garden is located in the northwest corner of Parking Lot 30 (Martin Luther King Blvd. & Canyon Crest Dr.)

Parking — Free parking tickets will be available in Parking Lot 30.  

Accessibility — If you need assistance accessing the garden, please contact Fortino Morales at fortino.morales@ucr.edu to make arrangements.  

Everyone is also welcome to join in the painting of a mural wall at the Garden. 

Hope to see you all on Saturday, September 28th from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm! 

Nicole Martinez

UC Riverside

Nicole is a senior at UC Riverside where she is majoring in Media and Culture studies. She co-founded the Her Campus UC Riverside chapter her sophomore year in college. She loves to spend her free time watching The Mindy Project, Girls, Pretty Little Liars, and other shows with leading ladies. She also dabbles on tumblr, instagram (obviwearetheladies), and twitter. Mindy Kailing and Shoshanna are her spirit animals and in the near future she hopes to achieve elite status on Yelp, pursue a career in Public Relations and ultimately conquer the world.