This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Glossier has been in the mainstream media for a few years now, and you probably have the brand through ads on your Instagram feed. Besides that, you also have probably found yourself adding a few of their products to your shopping cart before looking at your price total and then exiting the page.

Glossier might be a little pricey, but as someone who has been buying from them for years, I can vouch that most of their products are worth the price. Here are a few of my personal favorites.

The Lip Gloss

Their iconic lip gloss is the very first thing I bought from Glossier and as much as people want to say this, no, Vaseline isn’t the cheaper alternative. I’ve yet to encounter a lip gloss that has the capacity to make my lips look as glossy and as plump as Glossier’s lip gloss. They also leave my lips hydrated even after the shine has worn off. The formula is thick,great quality, and really, I have had no regrets dropping $14 on the small tube multiple times over the years. The only downside is how fast it runs out, so you have to pick your events wisely.

(Photo by Glossier)

The Face Masks

They are pricey, but they make my skin feel so good. The Mega Greens mask has this effect where you feel like it’s pulling all the gunk from your face, and you feel so fresh afterward. Personally, this is my favorite face mask of all time, and I have dozens of face masks in my personal collection. You notice your skin looking much clearer afterwards, and I myself have seen how it helps calm down my acne when it acts up. It’s the face mask I reach towards when I feel my face about to break out.

The partner to the Mega Greens mask is the Moon Mask leaves you looking like you’re glowing. I am not exaggerating, you end up looking like the moon herself. If you have extra money to splurge, I recommend getting the duo. I like using the Mega Greens mask first to detoxify my skin then the Moon Mask to finish off with hydration.  

(Photo by Glossier)

Cloud Paint

Before I was into makeup, I had a hard time deciding what products to try. Already having bought from Glossier, I decided to try their liquid blushes. I loved them. I have them in two different shades and still, have almost all of the product after two years of storing them. They’re really cute and a lot goes a long way. They’re good for days when you can’t do a full face of makeup, but you still want to add color to your face.

(Photo by Glossier)

Boy Brow

Boy Brow is Glossier’s most popular product and also a personal favorite of mine. As a girl with thick eyebrows, I have no business filling them in, but sometimes, I want to groom them better than just brush them out with a spoolie. When I started using Boy Brow, I fell in love with my thick eyebrows all over again, and out of the many eyebrow products I have used, nothing has ever come close to Boy Brow. Although the shade range could be better, Boy Brow still leaves my eyebrows looking good and groomed even when they haven’t been plucked in weeks.

(Photo courtesy of Glossier)

Overall, even though their prices are a little high, and they only have one annual sale on Black Friday. The quality of Glossier products justifies the price. These were only a few of the products that I myself like and use almost every single day. I think the best part about Glossier is how easy their products are to apply.  I appreciate that because it makes even those people who don’t want to completely beat their face with makeup feel extra prettier. Glossier also just released a new line of makeup, so it would be a great time to check them out.

Deedee Plata

UC Riverside '22

20 year old creative writing major with a love for skincare, representation, and art. When not laying down and watching cartoons, I can be found working on my novel or browsing through baby name forums.
Hi, I'm Savannah. I'm currently a Senior at UCRiveride studying Sociology. After graduation, I'm looking into doing Public Relations with a media and entertainment company. My favorite things to do are find the best shopping deals and go on road trips.