This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Basics
Birthday: October 16, 1991
Hometown: Arcadia
Year: Sophomore
Major: Biochem 
Relationship Status: Single and ready to MINGLE!
Favorite Movie: Definitely Maybe
Favorite Thing to watch on TV: The NBA
Favorite Book: “Deadline” by Chris Crutcher

Fun Facts

Who is your favorite NBA player?
Kobe Bryant.

What do you like and dislike about UCR?
I like the supportive staff and faculty that encourage me to succeed. But I dislike how a lot of people have such negative things to say about our school, when in fact it’s a really good school.

Who shaped you to become the person you are today?        

My dad shaped me to become the person that I am today because he taught me to stay humble and work hard. He taught me that nothing is nothing will ever be handed to me, I must work for it. He’s my role model.

Where do you get your clothes from?  
I get my clothes from H&M, Pacsun, and American eagle.

Who is your favorite band/singer/rapper?
Hmm….that’s a hard one because I like all sorts of music. I guess Yellow Card would be my all time favorite band.

What is your favorite food?
I’d eat a good piece of steak anyday!

What activities are you involved with on campus?
I am in Her Campus, Sharp, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, Student Run Health Clinic, Medical Scholars Program, Health Science Partnership Program, and University Honors.

[pagebreak]
Getting to Know Franky

What is your Hobby?
I enjoy playing basketball.

What is the one thing you look for in a girl?
I’d say I look for a blend of things. The number one thing on my list is that she would have to be true to herself and to me. I don’t want a girl who puts up a front, I want to like her for who she truly is, not someone she portraying to be.

What is your biggest turnoff?
My biggest turnoff would have to be girls that lie. I dislike dishonest and distrustful girls.

What is something you hope to do in the future?
I hope to be the first person in my family to graduate from college. From there I plan on going to pharmacy school and then eventually becoming a successful pharmacist.

What is the one thing you have to do every day?
I always go to the gym!

Nicole Martinez

UC Riverside

Nicole is a senior at UC Riverside where she is majoring in Media and Culture studies. She co-founded the Her Campus UC Riverside chapter her sophomore year in college. She loves to spend her free time watching The Mindy Project, Girls, Pretty Little Liars, and other shows with leading ladies. She also dabbles on tumblr, instagram (obviwearetheladies), and twitter. Mindy Kailing and Shoshanna are her spirit animals and in the near future she hopes to achieve elite status on Yelp, pursue a career in Public Relations and ultimately conquer the world.