This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Birthday: April 23, 1992
Year at UCR: 2nd 
Relationship Status: Single
Major:  Neuroscience 
Hometown: Northridge, Ca
Favorite TV Show: House
Favorite Book: “Gifted Hands” by Ben Carson

What Activities are you involved in? 
I’m involved in the Medical Scholars Program and an upcoming program called Unnatural Causes which will be launching this quarter.

When did you decide you wanted to go to Medical School?

I decided I wanted to go to Medical School ever since I was a child. It was and has been my true passion from a very early age and I can’t see myself doing anything besides that.

What keeps you motivated?
The idea of me someday having the power to heal others and better someone’s life. And I think that’s what basically got me interested in pursuing a career in medicine. 

Did you do anything fun for Spring Break?
For spring break I went to Beverly Hills and shadowed a plastic surgeon, which was pretty cool.

What do you do for fun at UCR?
I like to play basketball for fun at the rec center. It’s a great workout and it helps relieve any stress that I have at the current moment.

What do you like about UCR?
The diversity and how friendly the campus is. I feel like that’s what really sets our campus apart from all the others. UCR has such a welcoming environment. 

Do you have any siblings?
I have two younger sisters.

Where do you go shopping for clothes?
I mainly but my clothes at Footlocker and Sheik

Nicole Martinez

UC Riverside

Nicole is a senior at UC Riverside where she is majoring in Media and Culture studies. She co-founded the Her Campus UC Riverside chapter her sophomore year in college. She loves to spend her free time watching The Mindy Project, Girls, Pretty Little Liars, and other shows with leading ladies. She also dabbles on tumblr, instagram (obviwearetheladies), and twitter. Mindy Kailing and Shoshanna are her spirit animals and in the near future she hopes to achieve elite status on Yelp, pursue a career in Public Relations and ultimately conquer the world.