This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

What a Friend Had to Say About Our Campus Cutie: “Her sense of humor, is like no other girl on campus not only is she hot but she can make you laugh!!” 

Basics
Major: Psychology
Hometown: Los Angeles
Age: 21
Relationship Status:  In a relationship :)

Getting to Know Dyanna
Highlight(s) of your Summer?

Traveling to Europe, learning Spanish, planning my next trip to Africa, and my friend visiting from Israel.

What made you want to pursue your major?
I am pursuing psychology because I want to explore the mind and behavior. Also, it will help me with my overall career goal- being a zoologist and conducting research. I plan to get my Masters and PhD in Zoology or Carnivore Ecology. I want to travel the world working with animals, and my biggest goal is to own my own wild animal sanctuary and safari park.

What do you do in your spare time?
I travel and explore the world, read, swim, hike, snowboard in the winter, beach in the summer.

What do you want the world to look like in 10 years?
I want it to be more understanding and I want to see people fighting for what they believe in. I want society to see the beauty around us and understand the different cultures without criticizing them. Most of all I want us to see the beauty in everyone and not define beauty as one thing, I want to see everyone proud of who they are and where they come from.

Describe your perfect date.
My perfect date would be sitting by the Seine River with nice bottle of wine and talking the night away.

Campus Activities? 
I am the captain of the BP (Black Panthers) flag football team and I love it! I enjoy it because everyone on the team is amazing, both coaches are amazing, and we are like a family. We work hard and play hard. I am the Fundraiser Chairperson of PISA and I love everyone apart of the organization. I love the family-like atmosphere, how everyone strives to bring awareness to Pacific Islanders, and how we all excel within our on college careers. I play IM volleyball and I just really love the sport. This year I plan on joining rugby, and I am currently working on getting into a research lab.

Best part of your UCR experience so far?
My best UCR experience is BP. I have been with my team since my second year and I love everyone involved. I have built amazing friendships and bonds.
[pagebreak]
If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be? And why?
1. I would wish for my own animal sanctuary in the states because it is my ultimate goals and I want to be able to open a place where people can learn about animals. I want to bring awareness to the issues animals face, as well as give them a place to go when they are abandoned and abused.

2. I would wish for the means to travel around the world- for leisure or documentation- I love traveling and exploring new countries. I also want to travel and make animal documentaries of the different species around the world.

3. I would wish for the money to make animal sanctuaries and rehabilitation centers around the world. It is important to me to saved the endangered animals around the globe. I want to be able to establish a place for them to roam free from poachers and the dangers the face.

Favorite place on campus?
My favorite place on campus is bell tower.

The most romantic thing a guy can do for a girl?
Take her on a trip to another country.

Who’s your celebrity crush? 
Will Smith. He is an amazing actor and so handsome!

What qualities do you look for in a potential partner?
I look for someone respectful, a gentleman, gets along well with his family, makes me laugh, and just as adventurous as I am, or more!

If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
I would be a tiger! I love their independence and how beautiful they are. I admire their strength and how you need to earn their trust, they are not the most social of animals.

Who do you want to see perform at Heat this school year?
I would love to see Jill Scott, Carrie Underwood,and India Arie.

Most embarrassing moment?
Crying at Universal during Halloween time, I was so scared!

If your life was a movie what would the title be? And who would you want to play you?
Living Through Love and Adventure. I am not sure who I would want to play me.

Do you believe in soul mates? 
I do believe in soul mates because I believe sometimes there is a deep connection that is unexplainable. However, just because they are your soul mate does not mean it will definitely work, it still takes a lot of work, just like any relationship.

Nicole Martinez

UC Riverside

Nicole is a senior at UC Riverside where she is majoring in Media and Culture studies. She co-founded the Her Campus UC Riverside chapter her sophomore year in college. She loves to spend her free time watching The Mindy Project, Girls, Pretty Little Liars, and other shows with leading ladies. She also dabbles on tumblr, instagram (obviwearetheladies), and twitter. Mindy Kailing and Shoshanna are her spirit animals and in the near future she hopes to achieve elite status on Yelp, pursue a career in Public Relations and ultimately conquer the world.