The Distinct Style That Goes Along With Music Festivals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Self-cut tank-tops, cut off jeans, mid drifts, high-top sneakers, and layers of fun jewelry: this seems to be the unique style of music festivals. While you may see people wearing a few of these trends here and there around campus, music festivals seem to be a mecca for this bohemian-hipster style.

The ever-growing Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, popularly known as Coachella, wrapped up this past weekend. Pictures of regulars and celebrities alike dominated social media networks, where this music festival fashion was displayed. Seen above is actress Vanessa Hudgens, who sported a music festival-vibed outfit at Coachella. Well-known alternative band Vampire Weekend, who performed at the festival said in a recent interview for Fuse, that they saw “young people wearing stuff that actually is kind of uniquely Coachella style fashion.” This also seems to apply to other large music festivals such as San Francisco’s Outside Lands. Pictured below are festivalgoers wearing this trend as well.

Dakota Tu

UC Riverside

Hello my name is Dakota and I am a media and cultural studies major at UC Riverside. I am originally from Alameda, CA, in the San Francisco Bay Area. I enjoy being a member of the Student Alumni Association and Habitat for Humanity. I love to play sports and be active, though my main passion is running. I am in fact a foodie! In my spare time you can find me cooking/baking and working out, contradictory I know, but I wouldn't have it any other way!
UC Riverside

UC Riverside