This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Do you need some ideas to go on a date or treat yourself day? Here are some ideas to give you inspiration for a special day.

1.Picnic in the Park:
Pack a bag of you and/or significant other’s favorite snacks. Pick out any flowers to your liking and take a nice stroll through your local park. Do not forget to include a speaker to play your favorite songs! Sit back, relax, and enjoy the sunrise or sunset.

2. Pillow Fort with a Movie:
Before getting ready to lounge on the couch with a movie, change it up a bit and build a pillow fort in your living room. If you have, use LED lights to put around the pillow fort for a glow effect, if not, use a flashlight to add a little light to your fort. Settle down with some popcorn or your favorite snack and enjoy your movie!

3. Make a Surprise Dinner:
Nothing screams love, like cooking/baking a new recipe for you and your significant other. An idea is to cook something that you have not cooked before. This can be making pizza from scratch, baking bread together, or replicating your favorite restaurant meal. For dessert, decorate cookies together to embrace your inner artist. Bake a cake and decorate it to your liking. Most of all, enjoy the process of trying something new!

4. Take a Hike:
Experience the love of nature and all that is around you. Pick a hiking trail to your convenience and experience the beauty of nature. Watch the sunrise and feel the sun’s warmth, hear the birds chirping, and see love all around you.

5. Homemade Chocolate Strawberries:
It is time to embrace your inner creativity again. Try making your own homemade chocolate strawberries to enjoy with your favorite book/show. Instead of dipping the strawberries in chocolate only, try adding your favorite toppings to them. This can include any festive Valentine’s Day themed sprinkles or drizzle them with white chocolate. Spontaneously, add some whipped cream to your liking. Most of all, be creative with your strawberries and enjoy the process!

Love is all around us and let us embrace it! Most importantly, make this upcoming Valentine’s Day a day where you enjoy yourself and try new things! Hopefully these ideas will give some inspiration for your Valentine’s Day!

Joy Marina

UC Riverside '24

Hello! My name is Joy and my hobbies include reading, writing, baking, fashion, and beauty/skincare.