Convincing You to Read: People We Meet on Vacation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

(Disclaimer: Please check trigger warnings before reading any book(s). This is a spoiler free article. Book is intended for 18+.)

2Y jE2ZSHSZL8VwPuMi 2Y8Abm5lx7MHwb6wtgaEMYOLU80eWqnZUk7bqJ0mFhSIMG3HSXWnAFzpklth4Fg3F5 mlyYrGey5FamKW1Wkxw7c

As the cold weather continues, do you want to cuddle up with a warm good book? People We Meet on Vacation By Emily Henry is the perfect choice. Now, you may be wondering, what is this book about and why should I read a summer book in the middle of winter? At the end of this article, you may just have the answer to those questions.

People We Meet on Vacation is a beautifully written story about Poppy and Alex who met in college and take summer vacations together every year. However, words were exchanged and they went their separate ways. Soon after, Poppy does not feel as if she is complete, she is missing something or someone in her life. One night, Poppy messages Alex to go on a vacation with her, like old times, and Alex agrees.

Now, to answer the question, why should you read this book in the middle of winter? This heartwarming story is told in the span of several years, giving you perspective on how their friendship came to be. You get to see how Poppy and Alex grow and change throughout the summers.

“We are just looking at each other. There are no hard edges to grab hold of, no distinct markers on this moment’s beginning or end, nothing to separate it from the millions just like it.” — People We Meet On Vacation (pg. 229)

Pinterest Board Idea:

yWt3mXG99fdfUUD6oYf5n LifjBUhjRTiwTv0AxJn3W64hQJz5 rd0KsJjLppuRBx76VPfCgoeA 6z6L81SgUXhFwpw9n3 23shju7TaWpgN BWkwFKh8T9uWPIYHGzGJh8fIwKGTGgi5r2XIuJ7Nj3vl1a2b7REn 8So4fGBoTu3Zv4tfEMbSsHVfnhQ

Overall, People We Meet on Vacation is a wonderful and heartfelt story that takes you on a journey of friendship and love. Happy reading!

“— I wish I could bottle this moment and wear it as a perfume. It would always be with me. Everywhere I went, he’d be there too, and so I’d always feel like myself.” — People We Meet on Vacation (page 180).
Thank you for reading!

Below is a list of where you can purchase and read People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry.

Where to find/purchase:

Your local library

Amazon:

Barnes & Noble:
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/people-we-meet-on-vacation-emily-henry/1137492137?ean=9781984806758

Joy Marina

UC Riverside '24

Hello! My name is Joy and my hobbies include reading, writing, baking, fashion, and beauty/skincare.