Camp Flog Gnaw 2023 Was Just Announced

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

After a 3 year long break, artist Tyler, the Creator has just announced the return of his music festival/carnival for 2023!

The festival is known for welcoming huge artists in the past such as Kids See Ghosts, Lauryn Hill, SZA,  and Lana Del Rey. It also can be known for its historic pop culture moments, such as when Drake got booed off stage in 2019, which was the last time the Carnival set place. This year, the carnival was teased to us on May 30th, when Kendrick Lamar and Baby Keem released their new music video for their collab, “Hillbillies”, at the end of the video, Tyler is seen with both artists in front of the Dodger Stadium and showed the camera a close up of a button that said “Camp Flog Gnaw 2023”. These details not only introduced to us the return of the carnival but also gave us information about the venue and the potential headliners, Kendrick Lamar and Baby Keem.

The festival was officially announced on May 31st, through social media, it sets to take place on November 11-12 with presale starting as soon as June 2nd. Passes to the carnival were also making headlines when it was revealed that the Super VIP passes (starting at $1495) come with not just entrance to the carnival, but a blanket, a custom Golf Wang pair of shoes, and a Golf Wang bike! Other passes aren’t as extravagant (or pricey) but may include a water bottle, snow globe and backpack. The lineup is yet to be announced but I’m sure it’s gonna be making it’s own headlines when it does. What artists do you expect to make an appearance at the comeback of Camp Flog Gnaw?

Hailey Moreno

UC Riverside '25

I'm currently a third-year Sociology major at UC Riverside. I love all things pop culture, writing, and music!