This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

The weather heading into the high 80s indicates that summer is almost here and you know what that means – lots of fun adventures waiting upon us! (Yes?) So whether you decide to take summer classes, intern, travel, or embark on whatever other plans you may have, you still need to look fabulous, right?

Sometimes, summer fashion can be tricky because it is easy to just wear a simple white tee and denim shorts. It’s a classic look, but you don’t want your summer outfits be plain, so why not be bold and daring this year? The feeling of summer often gives us a chance of new opportunities, new love, and new adventures, so why not revamp your style with new looks?

This week I found students already shifting their fashion gears toward summer trends. Check them out and maybe give these looks a try! 

For the boys, Cameron Washington, currently studying Music pulled off the decorated flower patterned shirt with fitted shorts. And lastly, wearing Ray-bans make this fashionasto comfortably casual and ready for any summer events! 

Sora Chae, a 3rd year student who also studying Media and Cultural Studies is donning a cute red stripped maxi dress, paired with cat-eyed sunglasses. You’ll also notice that she has a sweater wrapped around her waist and makes this whole ensemble look effortlessly chic. Wrapping flannels around ones waist has been an un-denying trend and this summer you’ll see more of it. Sora, made the trend unique by wearing with a maxi dress. If you’re tired of wearing flannel, maybe try this look! 

Plus, cat-eyed sunglasses are totally in this season!  From celebrities to fashion gurus, they are all wearing them! In Elle magazine of SIT Sunglasses, Olivia Palermo, a renowed fashion guru is donning a pair.

And lastly, I found two girls being daring with their hair styles. Girls typically want long, beautiful, and luscious hair, but long hair isn’t great in the summer. With more and more girls cutting their hair short, it’s inevitable that short hair is in! 

Here Edna Lovera, a second year majoring in English cut her hair. According to Edna, “my hair was much easier to maintain and it feels breezy!”. Other people sporting this hair cut are YouTube fashion gurus Jenn Im (‘clothesencounter’) and NaYoung (‘oiseau88’). 

With your hair chopped off, maybe you want to go lighter too. Many celebrities are all going lighter, like really light. I know having pink or blue hair can be hard to pull off and I, myself would probably be scared too scared to try it out. But I found this adorable third year named Sally Lui whose major is Business Administration (concentration in Marketing) who really rocked the pink-red ombre hair. Of course celebrities such as Kelly Osbourne and Nicole Riche who are queens in the fashion world all dyed their hairs colorfully. 

Word from author: These images were found through Instagram. 

Charina Nguyen

UC Riverside

UC Riverside

UC Riverside