ALL GOSSIP GIRL THANKSGIVING EPISODES RANKED

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

November is finally upon us and that means it’s time to start getting ready for the Thanksgiving season. One of my favorite ways to get in the spirit is by watching the iconic Thanksgiving episodes that “Gossip Girl” has to offer. The classic teen show provides viewers with plenty of chaotic good times with a hefty side of juicy family drama. To give you the most optimal viewing experience I will be ranking my least favorite to most favorite episodes.

5. Season 4: “Gaslit”

Although this episode does contain a solid amount of drama it is one of the more somber Thanksgiving episodes that the show has aired. Serena is found drugged in a hotel room with no idea how she got there. She’s hospitalized and is suspected of attempting suicide. Her loved ones are so worried for her safety that they admit her into an institution. However, what they don’t know is that Juliet, Vanessa, and Jenny were all plotting to take Serena down. Jenny reveals to Blair that Juliet is responsible for drugging Serena, which encourages Blair to do what she does best, plot revenge. 

4. Season 6: “It’s Really Complicated” 

This is the last Thanksgiving episode of the series and it was a memorable one. Dan and Serena are back together and attempt to throw a problem-free Thanksgiving, which of course is a lost cause. Bart and Lily were supposed to be missing for the holiday, but their trip plans get canceled at the last minute. This turns out to be for the best as Chuck is able to show Lily the truth about Bart’s criminal status. Dan also submits a scathing article about Serena to “Vanity Fair” and the evening takes a turn for the worse when it gets published. The gang sticks by Serena’s side, especially Nate, who gives Dan a big punch in the face on his way out. 

3. Season 2: “The Magnificent Archibalds”

This episode is of course full of drama just like any other episode on this list, but it has some more heartwarming scenes as well. Jenny is trying to get emancipated from Rufus, but by the end of the episode she tears up the papers and comes home to her family. Nate’s father also returns from his disappearance to take his family and hold them for ransom money, but Nate convinces his father to turn himself in to the FBI after they have a heart to heart. Lastly, the Van der Woodsens find out that Bart is keeping files on their personal whereabouts. Lily is furious and walks out to spend the remainder of Thanksgiving with the Humphreys.  

2. Season 1: “Blair Waldorf Must Pie”

This episode is the most cozy and comforting episode to me, which explains its high position on the list. The episode dives into the beginning of the Dan and Serena love story with a flashback of him saving her from being hit by a taxi on Thanksgiving day. It also showcases a lot of drama between all of the characters and some unexpected truths are revealed. For example, Rufus and Lily’s past relationship is exposed to both of their families when they all sit down for Thanksgiving dinner. 

1. Season 3: “The Treasure of Serena Madre”

This is the best and most classic Thanksgiving episode I have ever seen. So much drama unravels in this episode it’s truly hard to keep track. Serena’s affair with Nate’s married politician cousin Tripp is revealed, Blair confesses her suspicion of her mother possibly being pregnant, Dan admits his newfound feelings for his best friend Vanessa, and Lily has a big secret about time she spent with her ex-husband that begins to rise to the surface. 

All in all, if you’re looking for a way to bask in some family drama that isn’t your own, Gossip Girl is the best way to go. I hope these episodes can get you in the holiday spirit, enjoy!

Rina Ahuja

UC Riverside '24

I am a third year Psychology major that enjoys writing. I also enjoy trying different coffee shops, listening to music, and exploring new places.