All about my new obsession with LEGO flower sets

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Everyone played with LEGOs as a kid. The colorful plastic blocks are easily recognizable and have an infinite amount of possibilities of what they can create. LEGO sets are inspired by everything from pop culture references to real life architecture, so it should not be shocking that the brand continues to appeal to people into adulthood. 

While I had not built LEGOs in years, I had been interested in buying a LEGO flower set since the first editions were released in 2021. Now widely known as part of their Botanical Collection, the Flower Bouquet seemed to take social media by storm for a little bit. The bouquet set consists of several different types of pretty flowers that users have to build themselves. This makes it an excellent hobby to do for yourself or as a gift for someone else. 

When I happened to be at a LEGO store recently, I discovered that there were many more types of flower sets aside from the classic Flower Bouquet. I decided to buy the  Sunflowers because I wanted a re-introduction to the process of making LEGOs and it was a smaller set. The kit comes with instructions and materials to make two sunflower figurines. Lego also sells a few other individual flower sets like the Roses and the Lotus Flowers that I am now interested in making. 

dan gold 6P 1ba qWDI unsplash?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp

As I placed the pieces together to form the sunflowers, I quickly realized that I really did enjoy building LEGOs. It is a simple hobby that can be done in one sitting or over the course of several days. It is also a great activity to do while multitasking, such as while watching a movie or while listening to an audiobook. This can make for a relaxing experience that is perfect for when you are in need of some escapism and a gratifying task to keep you occupied. 

LEGO Flowers result in such a cute decor item and I can honestly say that I have become somewhat obsessed with them. With a variety of types of flowers to recreate, I know that this newfound hobby will keep me preoccupied for some time.

Alyssa Gordon

UC Riverside '24

Hi, I'm Alyssa! I'm a fourth-year Media and Cultural Studies major with an English minor. I love anything pop culture and baking related. When I'm not writing, I can be found reading or rewatching episodes of my favorite 2010's sitcoms.