5 Things to Do Over Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Caught up in studying for finals and finishing that last term paper haven’t even thought of what to do for spring break? Not to worry, here’s 5 ideas of things you can do! Beats sitting around watching Golden Girls right?

Well… okay, maybe something more like Vampire Diaries, Betty White is still hilarious in GG!                                                                                                                                                                       

1. Travel

Vegas, New York, Cancun or hit up the MTV Beach House in Miami, baby! That’s still a thing right? Finals done, a week off of school (and work if you’re lucky) is the perfect time to get in the car or hop on a plane and get out of town. Go somewhere you’ve never been, or visit old friends, or release some steam where the weather is nice and the drinks cold! If you’re looking to go farther than the beach or Big Bear, try Student Universe or STA Travel who have great deals on flights, hotels and hostels and entire spring break packages.

2. Finish reading a book

If you’re guilty like I am of going to the bookstore and purchasing 10 books which only sit on my bookshelf until I have the time, spring break is the perfect time to catch up on that bestseller. Sit outside, get a little tan and read!

3. Concerts

Spring and summer are when the waves of concerts emerge, and right now tickets for all a multitude of artists are up for sale, or performing soon. Some on my list? Alt-J, Imagine Dragons and The XX. Of course can’t forget, even-though-I-can’t-afford, the dreamy duo of Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z (is this real-life?)!

4. The Drive-In

One of the cool things about Riverside is the Van-Buren Drive In, which a) fits a college budget, 2) allows you to bring your own home-made peanut-caramel-popcorn and c) means you and your buds can chill out in a nest of pillows and duvets in the back of a pick up truck. Also 2 movies for the price of one, what’s not to like?

5. Swap meets

Earlier in the day on weekends at the Van Buren Drive In is a massive swap meet. With the warmer weather (hopefully) it’s fun spending a day walking around an outdoor market, with oddles of goodies, useless things you won’t need but want, and some old vintage things well worth the search! There are swap meets all over, so look one up in your local area!