5 Sweet and Sinful Gifts To Give Your Man This Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

The commercialism of Valentine’s Day has placed an enormous amount of pressure on men to impress their sweethearts by giving the best gifts meant to represent their love: chocolates, roses, and expensive dinners to name a few things we are often showered with every February 14th.

Since you know he is probably going to be freaking out this holiday over what he should give you, and probably going to break his wallet in the process, show your man just how much you love and appreciate him with some of these sweet and sinful gifts.

1. Buy him dinner

Usually us women expect the man to take us to some fancy restaurant with a candle lights and romantic music playing softly in the background but buying your significant other dinner is a sweet gesture showing that you don’t always expect him to pay just because he is a man and you alleviate the pressure of him feeling that he has to. I love chivalry as much as the next woman but it is always good to remind your man that he deserves to be spoiled rotten just as much as you do.

2. “If a man can afford what he wants, buy him what he needs.”

After talking with some of my guy friends and looking back on some of the guys I have dated, it seems men are content with the simple necessities (meaning, they don’t have to worry so much about make-up and accessories in addition to their outfit and will use and wear something out until it breaks to pieces).  So, do some snooping around and see what you notice your man is in desperate need of. Worn out wallet? Missing socks? Wears the same shirt all the time? Maybe he wants to try new cologne but is too lazy to buy it himself.  Whatever it is, when you give him something he needs, he will be so thankful that you gave him something he knows he can use.

3. Love coupons

This is a very cute and sexy gift you can purchase or make yourself. Coupons can range from sweet and romantic to downright hot and heavy. Your guy will absolutely adore you if you give him a book filled with sweet & sexy freebies, or leave one unexpectedly in a place he will surely see, especially when it’s guaranteed you will have to fulfill whatever it says. Every man’s fantasy

4. Boudoir photos

It may sound a little narcissistic to give photos of yourself as a gift but your man will see you a goddess if you present him with sexy photos of yourself. Boudoir photos are taken professionally and are meant to be elegant and sensual, not pornographic or sleazy.  Your man will love that you took these personal photos just for him. Find a photographer, book shoot, and be a sexy model for a day. Some ideas they offer include you wrapped in bed sheets or you wearing your man’s work uniform or favorite t-shirt. The possibilities are endless. 

5. A personalized romance novel

Every wondered what it would be like to be written about in a book?  Better yet, your own steamy love story? Now you can by starring in your own personalized novel with Ustarnovels.com. (click the site name to try a free exercpt)! This site offers a variety of already written romance stories, with different plot lines, and different levels of steaminess, for you to choose from and personalize. They ask for details such as you and your partner’s name, where you met, anniversary, physical characteristics, etc and they take that info and plug it into the story so that you end up with a full length, 200-300 page personalized love and fantasy story. Best part is your book can be ready in a very short amount of time: 1-2 weeks. This is one book I’m sure he will not want to put down!

Katrina Honer

UC Riverside

Katrina is 3rd year Anthropology and Psychology double major at UC Riverside. She works as a peer mentor for freshman students and as a programs associate for the Highlander Union Building. She says "Life being what it is, it is all about going along for the ride and seeing where it takes you." She enjoys writing in her spare time and strives to write articles that not only appeal to a college environment but that also challenge cultural beliefs.
UC Riverside

UC Riverside