3 Songs You Need To Add To Your Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Whenever I walk to class, I am always playing music to get myself in the mood. Lately I’ve been listening to pop-genre music. Having a playlist that boosts my energy for the day is essential and gets me into the “main character” mentality. If you’re like me and are always looking for new tunes but don’t know where to find these artists, then you are in luck. Here are the top 3 songs that you need to add into your playlist right now.  

“Rockland” by Gracie Abrams

If you are into soft bedroom pop music, this song is for you! This song makes you feel like you’re driving down a long road through the forest, reminiscing about a past lover. Whenever I listen to this song, it brings a sense of nostalgia. I love this song because it’s mellow and calm and it feels like she is singing to you her personal diary in her bedroom. 

“Ghost” by Justin Bieber

Unlike the previous song, this song is more upbeat and has a more rhythmic tune. The lyrics center around feeling the absence of someone and the memories you’ve shared with them. I’ve definitely put this song on replay in my Spotify playlist. You can sing your heart out to his song on road trips with friends or play this song during the shower.

“Enchanted” By Taylor Swift

Early 2000s music always brings back childhood memories of listening to music on the stereo system. I grew up listening to lots of Taylor Swift music back then. The lyrics describe an experience of meeting someone new for the first time and becoming “enchanted” or mesmerized at that first encounter. I relive my youth each time I play this song and it definitely feels more nostalgic knowing that I am listening to it again 10 years later. 

Playing music is such a wonderful way to destress and unwind after a long day. Whether you are heading to class or coming home after exams, there’s always time to play some jams that will uplift your mood. It’s time to add these feel-good pop songs that will spice up your playlist!

Chau Tran

UC Riverside '23

Chau is a writer for HerCampus at UC Riverside. She is currently a fourth year psychology major. She enjoys baking and journaling during her free time.