10 Perfect Indie Films for a Valentine's Day Movie Sesh

So you’re single on Valentine’s Day. Don’t worry, a lot of us are. But that doesn’t mean you can’t binge watch love movies while eating overpriced heart-shaped candy and delivery pizza. And let’s be honest, we all secretly love the effortless indulgence of a romance film. Here are a few of my favorites to choose from. I’m an indie film fan if you couldn’t tell from the line up!

1. Drinking Buddies

Jake Johnson, Olivia Wilde and beer, a fantastic combination. These two are playing best buddies who work together while walking that super thin line between lovers and friends. It’s a recent film with great acting from a cast of fresh faces, including Anna Kendrick (love her).

2. Like Crazy

I’m sure a lot of us have seen this one, and it’s more than worth a second viewing in honor of Valentine’s Day. Long distance relationship movies are so frustrating and sad and amazing. A must watch for lovers of love.

3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet make this movie the perfect combination of quirky and cute, but also super tragic and sad. If you’re looking to watch something a little different from the norm but still want to satisfy your need for lovey-dovey, this is your film.

4. Liberal Arts

Elizabeth Olsen is perfect in this role. It’s a great take on relationships with huge age gaps and a new look at the college love story. If anything, you’ll be entice by how much Elizabeth looks like the twins!

5. Vicky Cristina Barcelona

This has got to be one of my favorite Scarlet Johansson performances. Vicky and Cristina travel to Spain for the summer and end up in a love triangle like no other. If you love drama, you’ll love this film.