This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Name: Zach Santa Cruz

Year: Second year

Major: Business Economics

Hometown: Bellflower, CA

Relationship Status: Single

Nationality: Mexican and White

School Involvement: Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity

Hobbies: Working out, golf, kicking it with my brothers of PIKE

What is your favorite quality in a girl?

My favorite quality is hard to describe. I love who are low key, super chill, not high maintenance and can hang around the guys.

What is something a girl would be surprised to know about you?

I may not look like it, but I’m a softie on the inside.

If you could have one super power, what would it be?

I would want a power where I can be transported anywhere I want to be in a second. (I have no patience.)

What kind of music do you listen to?

I listen to modern rap, old school rap, alternative, country, trap and old school rock. Such as the Eagles, Tupac, Jason Aldean, Blake Shelton, Kenny Chesney, Macklemore, Wiz Khalifa, Kendrick Lamar, Biggie Smalls, NWA, Black Keys, Rise Against, Blink 182, Aerosmith, Doobie Brothers.

Why did you choose to come to UCI?

I chose UCI because the distance was convenient enough for me to feel independent. I really needed to get out of my “bubble” of a hometown.

What are your favorite TV shows?

Some of my favorite shows are Breaking Bad, Workaholics, Family Guy and Man vs. Food.

What is your favorite food?

Food from Micks Karma Bar burger and New York steak

What is your best move when trying to catch the attention of a special lady?

My best move would be approaching a girl, talk just a little, then compliment her eyes. Eyes are my favorite part of a girl, sometimes I make an excuse to leave and talk to my friends but keep eye contact with her from far away. It worked once!

Where do you think is the best place to meet a girl on campus?

Well, the worst place has to be the ARC. But the best would be the Pike booth or her sorority booth because it’s both social and fun. It’s also a lot more comfortable because it’s not just her and me; we’d be surrounded by our brothers and sisters.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

In ten years, I would like to have a wife, two kids, and be the general manager for my dad’s business.

If you could trade places with anyone in the world, who would it be?

I would trade places with my cousin Brad Saarloos. He’s the head wine maker for my uncles business and has his own house in Los Olivos (a wine country near Santa Barbara). He has his career set and makes an excellent living.

Worst first date?

I’ve actually only been on about ten dates, so I don’t have an awful first one. But I guess last year I went to Cha with someone. I bought her a large drink but she just sat there, didn’t touch it, and threw it away in front of my face.

Best date experience?
The best date was at Seal Beach on the pier. We went to Ruby’s, watched the sun set, laid a blanket out, and watched the waves crash.

Pet peeves? Turn Offs?

Some of my pet peeves are loud and obnoxious girls, girls who can’t make up their mind, and “moochers” who don’t pay your back.
I love eyes, so too much eye makeup is a turn off. I don’t like girls who don’t have confidence, the kind who can’t accept a compliment.

Most Memorable Moment at UCI:
My most memorable moment has to do with PIKE. I’m not allowed to say it all, but I think pledging as a whole last spring quarter was the best 8 weeks of my life.

If you could live somewhere after college, where would it be?

With my cousin at the winery in Los Olivos. It’s beautiful.

Nicole is currently a fourth year Public Health Policy major with a minor in Psychology and Social Behavior. She has been writing for HerCampus UC Irvine for over two years, editing for almost two. When she's not busy working closely with her co-editor and managing the writing staff of HC UCI, she spends a lot of time at Corona del Mar...or baking cookies. She is also an expert baby wrangler and works part time at the UCI Infant Toddler Center. Her true loves include the color pink and copious cups of coffee.
...